Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

Just been reading through your whole thread! Nice VTi-S mate and she sounds nice on idle on that video above. The subwoofer was shacking my room a bit  :P

Sounds a bit like my MB3 but only a bit more raspy. But goes very quiet when driving around town 

• Like 1

Also on the caddy front. I seen a kinda flat orange coloured ratty one coming into Leicester. An audi tt gave it some to overtake and the caddy lit it rear tyres up and shot off like a v2 rocket. Was a beast!!!

I filled it with Super last night for the first time, reset the ECU and took it out for a bit of spin. 

It's perfect.  Through the residential areas it's pretty silent.  Over 4,500rpm there's def a more pronounced growl, but over 6,000 that's where it really comes alive.  Def money well spent.

• Like 3

I filled it with Super last night for the first time, reset the ECU and took it out for a bit of spin. 

It's perfect.  Through the residential areas it's pretty silent.  Over 4,500rpm there's def a more pronounced growl, but over 6,000 that's where it really comes alive.  Def money well spent.

Sounds spot on. :)

I hope everyone's enjoying the Easter weekend :)

The good weather meant I was able to spend a bit more time cleaning the Civic.  I gave the engine a bit of a clean but the rocker cover is still letting the side down so no pics.  I connected up a makeshift cold air feed from just beside the radiator in to the air box though so going to test it out.

I also had a bottle of Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine that my brother got me for my birthday a while back so I thought I'd test it out. 

D78F9905-3A3C-4041-97F4-9CED8E256F73_zps

It does bring it out in a nice shine, but it doesn't fill like Super Poly Resin, which I sorta hoped it would.  Next time I'll just go back to using my proper cutting polish and DA to correct the scrapes rather than try and hide them.

Tomorrow I'm going out to try and find some new tyres for it.  I'd initially considered a set of Bridgestone Potenzas as that's what originally came on the car, but I figure tyre technology has come on so far I might as well go for something a bit newer.  I know quite a few competitive autotest lads swear that Uniroyal Rainsport 3s are some of the best tyres out there for the money at the minute, so I might just give them a go if I can find a good deal.  It's just a shame the 195/55s are around £20 dearer than 195/50s :(

The car is also booked in too get undersealed this week when I'm away for a few days.

Oh and I've reduced the price of my 5Zigen if anyone wants to check out the classifieds :)

It's a nice shine you've got there, it's always a trade off with polish though, the SRP is a great repair polish and even does a good job by hand but doesn't give the best shine.

I'd go for 195/50 tyres if I was you.