Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Well as promised, some updates!

I set out to repair the seat recliner, the center vents on the dash, replace the headunit, change the clock bulb, replace the window regulator and change the thermostat.

20131221_122425_zpscge7cubh.jpg

First thing I noticed was my headunit was supposed to be sent out with a DAB glass aerial but I turn up with this instead....

20131221_122445_zpsvo91vkn6.jpg

I mean, what the 4uck!?!! So the headunit and dash clock have gone out of the window as I refuse to do the job twice!

So anyway I managed to change the recliner, noticed the side bit of plastic had come away from the seat base a bit so a bit of brute force and that went back into place but still needed the new wheel so that went on and jobs a good'un! :) Didn't take any pictures though!

Next up was the center vents which I got from 10000rpm! 8-)

Unfortunately I couldn't even get the carbon trim off and I heard a few snaps, something fell into the ether as well and I'm left now with this.....

20131222_120453_zpsfkbd3a6x.jpg

So I gave up before I snapped the whole lot into pieces as I was starting to get quite p1ssed off, not to mention it was 4ucking freezing!

Next I went for the window regulator, took the door card off and managed to damage the door handle linkage! Basically in the picture below, the green bit of plastic is meant to be one item....

20131222_110523_zps6w2ihg9e.jpg

So I carried on anyway, unpackaged my "new" regulator and it fell to pieces!! The stoppers on the runners were crap so the sliders were free to 4uck off at any point! So I had put it back together with the thought that once it's mounted it'll be okay! But could I 4uck get it mounted! Every time I maneuvered the mechanism to line up the bolt holes the sliders would fall off into the door! Quite literally blood, sweat and many swearwords later I gave up and have put the original item back in! Gutted!!!

20131222_110510_zpse5vmce1k.jpg

So now after 3 hours and quite frankly achieving 4uck all I'm left with this on the drivers door so that I can get out...

20131222_113428_zpsnqkj9yh5.jpg

Feels like I've gone one step forward and three steps back!

I was absolutely fuming yesterday, rambling on about selling the car, setting fire to it and all sorts! Now that I've set fire to it, I'd still happily set fire to it :lol: