Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

£60 for the pair??!?  I think £55 per tyre has been the lowest I've ever went on a pair of Hancooks.

What are the B and C ratings about? 

Tyres are rated Thus

BRIDGESTONE RE050A

205 / 40 R17 80Y

EU Tyre labels explained:

• eu_icons_fuel_eco_g.png This is for fuel economy which i usually ignore as the difference is not massive enough to notice in your pocket
  • eu_icons_wet_grip_b.pngThis is the braking in the wet rating
  • eu_icons_noise_72_3.pngThis is the road noise the tyre makes

i believe they are rated from A (being best) to G (being worst)

• Like 3

I never knew that.  I suppose that's pretty useful, especially wet grip performace, as I'd be paranoid about putting Ditchfinders on any car.

Who comes up with the rating for each tyre?  Someone in Brussels, independent Thatcham-type folks or the tyre companies? 

I never knew that.  I suppose that's pretty useful, especially wet grip performace, as I'd be paranoid about putting Ditchfinders on any car.

Who comes up with the rating for each tyre?  Someone in Brussels, independent Thatcham-type folks or the tyre companies? 

some jobbie at the E.U health and safety department i expect....

Well some of them, not the ones that usually end "...and so I was banned!" :wink:

LOL those ones are best left unknown i usually find...

some jobbie at the E.U health and safety department i expect....   LOL those ones are best left unknown i usually find...

Unfortunately once it's out there you can't unknow it, just take enough drugs to try and forget. :lol:

It looks like it's the tyre manufacturers and importers themselves who self-declare, but I can't figure out if every tyre is checked or just random.  Too much technical mumbojumbo lol

http://ec.europa.eu/energy/efficiency/tyres/doc/20121031_tyres_labelling_questions_answers_en.pdf