Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

That's whats wrong mate. It isn't a boat!

It would make a shocking boat with leaks like that! :lol:

Windscreen. Put some black sealer around the outer edges mate

I had the exact same problem! What BurbleBoy said, put some black sealant around the windscreen. I also removed the roof gutterss and placed a bit of sealant where the windscreen rubber is. So far so good! :)

Is it an easy job to pull up the rubber seal lads? Also any particular sealant or just the regular black stuff? Got to be worth a punt! Any pictures would be helpful if anyone has any! Thanks lads!

Could be sunroof drains as the damp patch is parallel to where they run.

I'd get the headlining out if I was you.

Yeah I think it's partly the sunroof too! How long did it take you to remove yours? I looks easy enough, think I need to invest in a trim tool this weekend!  

Look good mate .. Always going to have niggles on a car this age! Although it obviously hasnt been looked after to the best standards which is a shame!

Good luck sorting the leaks though :grin:

Look good mate .. Always going to have niggles on a car this age! Although it obviously hasnt been looked after to the best standards which is a shame!

Good luck sorting the leaks though :grin:

Cheers mate, it's not the end of the world, but 4uck me its cold when the engine can't get up to temperature :lol: 

Yeah I think it's partly the sunroof too! How long did it take you to remove yours? I looks easy enough, think I need to invest in a trim tool this weekend!  

You don't need a trim tool, just whip the visors and light unit off, sunroof trim, rear trim, grab handles off, pull the door rubbers down, pop off the a,b&c pillar trims, have a mate hold it up and remove the three centre trim clips and out she comes. 15 minutes tops.

I admit I was terrified of changing mine, thought it was going to be a pig but it really is so easy, I think that's why I keep banging on about it. :lol:

• Like 1

You don't need a trim tool, just whip the visors and light unit off, sunroof trim, rear trim, grab handles off, pull the door rubbers down, pop off the a,b&c pillar trims, have a mate hold it up and remove the three centre trim clips and out she comes. 15 minutes tops.

I admit I was terrified of changing mine, thought it was going to be a pig but it really is so easy, I think that's why I keep banging on about it. :lol:

Hate pulling trim off for the first time in a car, always fear that I'll break something :lol: 

I was on about the trim tool to get at the windscreen seal, plus will make life easier when I pull the centre console out and the dash trim to change the centre vent!

Really hope to get a dry day this Saturday as it's the only day I'm not busy this weekend, otherwise will have to wait for a dry day in the week!

Have you not got the thermostat done yet?

Not yet, I need to get my front wheels balanced again so I will fetch one Saturday morning as the motor factors is next door! Hopefully can swap that whilst I'm doing the other jobs!  

Hate pulling trim off for the first time in a car, always fear that I'll break something :lol:

I was on about the trim tool to get at the windscreen seal, plus will make life easier when I pull the centre console out and the dash trim to change the centre vent!

Really hope to get a dry day this Saturday as it's the only day I'm not busy this weekend, otherwise will have to wait for a dry day in the week!

I know what you mean, they're so well put together as well it really feels like they will break first.  :lol:

Trim tool is probably a worthwhile investment then. :)

Not yet, I need to get my front wheels balanced again so I will fetch one Saturday morning as the motor factors is next door! Hopefully can swap that whilst I'm doing the other jobs!  

You reckon this will solve the idle issue too?

You reckon this will solve the idle issue too?

Yeah should do, what's happening is when the temperature drops below a certain point the sensor tells the ECU it's in its cold start conditions so it dumps more fuel in and raises the idle to try and warm up. When I've been driving with it cold it's been hammering fuel because of it, but if I'm stationary for a few minutes the temperature gauge rises to normal and the idle sits where it should! 

I know what you mean, they're so well put together as well it really feels like they will break first.  :lol:

Trim tool is probably a worthwhile investment then. :)

Yeah, otherwise we might get a repeat performance of when I changed the side skirts on Becca, one side fell off as I was trying to pull the front mudflap off (I'd undone all the sideskirt fittings) and the other wouldn't budge so a swift boot at the back soon saw to that :lol:

• Like 1