Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

I haven't read this whole page, but how long did it take for them to refurb the calipers in the end? As when we last spoke it was over a week and they still hadn't started!

Just over two weeks in the end! Finished with them promising me a date to fetch them, when I got there they'd forgotten I was coming so I refused to leave without them, left nearly half an hour after they were meant to close! With the calipers at least.

Just over two weeks in the end! Finished with them promising me a date to fetch them, when I got there they'd forgotten I was coming so I refused to leave without them, left nearly half an hour after they were meant to close! With the calipers at least.

So the question is would you use them again? Also would you recommend them to anyone!

So the question is would you use them again? Also would you recommend them to anyone!

That really depends how you're fixed for time and what you need doing, yes they've done the job and I'm really happy with how they've turned out but it was a nightmare to get this far!

http://www.brake-caliper-painting.com/ - For anyone interested.

Guest jimbob738

Why didn't you just buy some new ones surely the cost of a referb to current ones is just as cheap to go DAVMAC or Sutton Auto Factors and buy them over the counter isn't it cost me £60 each I think from davmac in Sutton in Ashfield and they been spot on.

not being mean just saying but to be fair I don't know what referb cost you?

Why didn't you just buy some new ones surely the cost of a referb to current ones is just as cheap to go DAVMAC or Sutton Auto Factors and buy them over the counter isn't it cost me £60 each I think from davmac in Sutton in Ashfield and they been spot on.

not being mean just saying but to be fair I don't know what referb cost you?

Should have been £200 for all four, ended up getting £100 refund because of the hassle and time! 

Couldn't replace all four for that I know that much, believe me I checked...

Guest jimbob738

Ahh I know that place, shocked they took two weeks, what was there attitude like when you refused to leave without the callipers after that long?

Ahh I know that place, shocked they took two weeks, what was there attitude like when you refused to leave without the callipers after that long?

They took it quite well, chucked three blokes at them and got it sorted. They weren't d1cks or anything, just kept saying it would be tomorrow day after day rather than just telling me straight. I wouldn't have minded if I was just told it was going to be a while longer or whatever. At the start they said they were playing catch up on their workload so I was understanding at first.