Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

One thing to look at dude if your having this problem caught me out was well confused.

If you over tighten the bleed screws ever so slightly. The tapered bit on the bleed screw that seats hairline cracks.

Barely noticeable but enough to draw air into system.

Check them out. Honest it happened on two of my calipers I now have a bag of spare bleed screws so if ya need some.. Ya k ow who to ask.

One thing to look at dude if your having this problem caught me out was well confused.

If you over tighten the bleed screws ever so slightly. The tapered bit on the bleed screw that seats hairline cracks.

Barely noticeable but enough to draw air into system.

Check them out. Honest it happened on two of my calipers I now have a bag of spare bleed screws so if ya need some.. Ya k ow who to ask.

Having thought about it some I'm thinking the rear ones are drawing air in for whatever reason, could be that!

@philgor, followed that very procedure and had wound the pistons back on the rears before fitting, I think both cables have stretched to be honest.

I'll have your misters :wink::-P

If they survive the fire! 

On a more serious note, ordered some bleed nipples last night, should have them tomorrow, will swap and bleed again and hope for the best.

It's the only thing I can think of really, there's nothing else we spotted and three sets of eyes you'd think would have spotted any other leaks etc.

First pump of the pedal after bleeding was decent then it got worse from there. Even though my mate said he only noticed the nipples ( haha.gif1 ) on the rear weeping during bleeding I'll swap all four.

Yeah, plus when we bled them it was only the rears that any air bubbles came out of and they were  pretty immediate as if they were sat at the bleed nipple end of the line which to me would suggest it's getting in from there maybe? If it turns out to be that then that'll go down as one of the biggest differences made for such a small amount of being wrong if that makes sense! Small amount of air causing such an impact on the pedal I mean.

If it works then it's £6 well spent. 

• Like 1

I cant really compare as ive never "manually" bled a car like that before. I used a vacuum bleeder.. But I can imagine you sitting there for quite a while to get it all out !

Which vaccum bleeder have you got? I kept looking at the Gunson Eezibleed but kept reading their caps don't fit our cars and I'd have to fork out again for a universal one that might not even do the job...

To be honest yesterday we spent more time getting the thing on axle stands and the wheels off/back on than the actual bleeding, one each wheel once we couldn't see any more bubbles we pumped the pedal three times to be sure it was just fluid coming out so I'm fairly sure that at that point it was pretty much free of air until the first press and depress of the brake pedal once all the bleed valves were done up to test. That's the theory I have in my mind anyway!

Fingers crossed mate. I had to drive my eg like that for a while. Was not fun. Small amount of air does make a big difference.

Clutching at straws found the hairline cracks.

In the end bleeding was also a two man job. So dynodaze rich helped out just before mot.