Roj's Mean Green No Fire Trucks Given Machineâ„¢ (Rust In Pieces)

Roj

Shame it has to die, but somethings are just not worth repairing.

Unfortunately, yes. :( It'll live on in parts at least.

Glad you found it easy mate! Most things aren't as bad as they appear when you take a bit of time to see how it all goes together, I quite often have the haynes manual and the service manual downloaded from here to hand and nearly always ask another member for help or advise whether it be a simple question or a phone call going through something I'm not sure about! :)

I'd guess the water gathering in the door will be due to blocked drain holes in the bottom of the door as water does naturally end up in the door anyway.

But I understand you're probably getting fed up of the problems occuring, you have to draw the line somewhere, least you'll have some spares for the MB6, you'll be surprised how much of it you'll find useful! 

Yeah I have a Haynes manual and I can bring up the forums on my phone too. So far I've not had a problem that hasn't been solved by doing a quick search. :)

I did notice none of the water was dripping out from the drain hole.

I've already nicked a few bits off it. :lol: All the cleaner interior switches and buttons are now in the MB6, as well as some missing clips and things. Once I have a replacement car the MB3 will be going onto my parents' driveway to be broken properly. I'll probably chuck a thread up on here once that happens.

You think that's bad, you should of seen my MB3!  It leaked in the boot, always damp on the drivers and passengers pillar but then I fixed that by sealing the sunroof using silicone sealant. Driver and passenger windows always sit pi$$ed and the passenger door handle always keep falling off and loads of other little things.

I had these problems since owning the car but it never really bothered me because they are only small niggly annoying things needed to be fixed. My Aerodeck is worst again... :rolleyes:

With parts, you will be surprised. I have litterally got 2 big boxes and 3 crates of stuff I taken off the MB3. ECU, mirrors, calipers, switches, sensors, pumps, fuel sender, injectors ect ect. But now I look at the stuff and think, am I ever going to use any of it? :lol:

Snap! I also had a leaky boot and my sunroof let in so much water that my A pillars were always damp. :lol: I would get all this crap fixed if the car was worth saving. It's not even due to the recent problems, if the brake lights didn't fail, I reckon it would've failed the MOT on excessive rust anyway.

Well considering you bought an MB9, most of it will probably come in handy one day. :)

You think that's bad, you should of seen my MB3! It leaked in the boot, always damp on the drivers and passengers pillar but then I fixed that by sealing the sunroof using silicone sealant. Driver and passenger windows always sit pi$$ed and the passenger door handle always keep falling off and loads of other little things.

I had these problems since owning the car but it never really bothered me because they are only small niggly annoying things needed to be fixed. My Aerodeck is worst again... :rolleyes:

With parts, you will be surprised. I have litterally got 2 big boxes and 3 crates of stuff I taken off the MB3. ECU, mirrors, calipers, switches, sensors, pumps, fuel sender, injectors ect ect. But now I look at the stuff and think, am I ever going to use any of it? :lol:

As soon as you get rid if it you'll need it! Sod's law!

• 4 weeks later...

I went to buy some stop/tail bulbs for the MB6 so I could get the JDM conversion started. "You're posting this in the wrong thread!" Nope, keep reading. Whilst they were in my hand I thought why not try them in the MB3. Fitted them, wedged the brake pedal down with a stick and a strange redness emitted from the rear! The brake lights have returned like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2! :o I swore I already tried this and failed! Apparently all my spare bulbs are blown. Good to know. :lol: I hadn't actually tried the MB6's bulbs back then because I couldn't be arsed popping the clips to pull back the boot lining. Probably should've been arsed now that I look back. Anyway I left the bulbs in and bought another set for the MB6's JDM conversion. So that's a major issue fixed!

So with out out of the way, I'm thinking just how bad is the rust and how much is it to sort out? The arches I can just fill and prime to hide the rust but the sills are pretty bad.