Grant

Heres an odd one then chaps ..

I've mentioned it before, since being slammed, ive had an odd knock from the rear.. Not consistant and varries when it makes the noise, even going round the same corner, at the same speed, I couldnt replicate it .. Which I thought was unusual if it were a loose bolt or worn bush .. Had a look beneath several times and couldnt see anythign ary..

Last night I go to pick up a fire surround, child seats out, rear bench folded down, bring it back and couldnt be bothered to put the seats back up ..

and i hear you say?

The knock is GONE !

So in conclusion, it is the rear seats making my knock that i can hear .. Question is, has anyone had this before? And alos, its quite scarey that there is that much body flex that it makes the seat knock somewhere :-o I think some supporting add ons are needed ..

Right you may be onto something. I used to get a very annoying noise in my mb6 when seats were up. Went when seats wee down. More of a squeak than a knock.

I shoved a bit of grease In the hole on back of seat where latch is. Solved it for a couple if months. Regrease noise gone again for couple of months

Right you may be onto something. I used to get a very annoying noise in my mb6 when seats were up. Went when seats wee down. More of a squeak than a knock.

I shoved a bit of grease In the hole on back of seat where latch is. Solved it for a couple if months. Regrease noise gone again for couple of months

Thats not a bad idea .. Will give that a go i think ..

Although i did notice while having a little fiddly on my lunch, that when the bench is risen up, you can rock it side to side .. Wondering whether thats the culprit .. May try and space it out with something ..

Get rid of the family. Job done. ;-)

Well I've brought the kids to McDonald's tonight, maybe I'll just leave them :-P

While you're there check the hinges at the bottom maybe?

Yeah I will chap.

If you unbolt the rear seat backs, they fit with locating pins, these should have spacers on to provide a snug fit, so check they're there.

Cheers mate, I will check these :-)