Oh dear, I hope that's not your heater matrix!

Can't see why it would be. The drips are clear, don't smell.

Coolant levels haven't budged and my heating is as toasty as ever.

Looking around the forum, the scuttle panel seems the best place to start.

Done some investigating on my lunch break.

Removed the glove box, metal bar and pollen filter. The filter was wet but not soaked

noeu22R.jpg

Plenty of leafies and some moisture on the left side. The radiator (matrix?) on the right was cool and dry.

a8BYZeN.jpg

Can't really tell but there's so water on the edge which dripped on the floor

kzT14gw.jpg

And this is the air re-circ vent. You can't tell very well but it was also a little wet

R9hS8Uy.jpg

I took it for a drive for 10 mins to get up to temp with the pollen filter removed. Plenty more leaves blew in my face but no water.

I did take a back route to work today down a single track lane with big puddles. I didn't go tearing through but I guess I was doing 20-25 avoiding the larger ones... And it was also raining quite heavily.

I'll take a look under my scuttle panel on Saturday as I don't think work would appreciate me doing repair work in the car park. Again.

My question is, what would cause water to enter the air duct system by the blower? I couldn't see where it sucks fresh air from outside!

So I've just got in from clearing out under the scuttle panel.

I couldn't get the panel off in the dark but I was able to lift it about 6 inches which was enough room to get my hand in and scoop out most of the gunk.

There's a bit left that I couldnt get but there's also a clear channel for the water to flow.

Fingers crossed this works :)

• Like 1

Bone dry this morning when I got in this morning with the overnight rain.

Windscreen mist cleared quickly too. For a few months the steaming has actually got worse when I flicked the heaters on. I suspect that I've had this leak for a while which was causing a soggy pollen filter :)

I've been meaning to check mine Coz I've had a bit of dampness there the other day as well... Been a few years since I cleaned mine out and there was loads of crap there last time.

• 3 months later...

Wheww, long time since I last posted.

Been exceptionally busy recently. Started a new job not long back and it has been pretty intense.

I'm now doing 1,000 miles per month just commuting to work and back so the car has been put on the back burner.

The increasing running costs are getting harder to justify.

However, just bought some new window trims as the black had peeled off all of mine.

And I'm on the lookout for some new lowering springs and shocks (Shall take a look aroiund the forum).

Coilovers were intended but I don't do anything worthy of spending that much. A slightly firmer ride is all i'm after.

I have purchased a new dash cam too! It was only £40 or so but the quality is great

Here's a vid. Apologies for the music taste (Lack of?)

http://youtu.be/EE0pKLKooIk

That actually looks alright! Can't comment on the audio as I have none at work so you may have gotten lucky there :lol:

Eibach are probably the best of the lowering springs around if you're willing to spend the money. But there are cheaper ones out there! 

Are you doing 40-50ish miles a day then? I was doing about that when I had my EK! Did feel like I was spending loads just on fuel to get to work and back! (Because I was!)