Slave cylinder was new about 2 years back so hoping it hasn't got a leak inside

Hopefully my friend is about to tonight to bleed it for me and I'll keep a close eye on it!

Only a couple of places it can leak from mate. And all of it is pretty easily visible. If you have a leak, you'll soon find it.

The RTA bush looks fooked! Get it changed mate!

Slave cylinder was bone dry. Followed the pipes and hoses back to the reservoir and all looks okay.

Here's some pics of the clutch pedal. Anything look amiss?

SiVHdUl.jpg

EzmxRPn.jpg

Had the car looked over by someone for an hour last night. Not a sign of leakage anywhere.

Was traced from the reservoir down all the pipes to the slave cylinder. Boot pulled back on the slave and no signs of leakage.

Our only theory is the leak is tiny and it's been leaking for a very long time. 

Anyway, this was a good opportunity to bleed it... I doubt it's ever been done in the lifetime of the car. The fluid came out black! Clutch feels wonderfully smooth and springy. And the horrible judder pulling away in reverse and first has gone. Air in the lines compressing maybe?

Also adjusted the handbrake as advised. 1 click on the handbrake now holds better than 7 clicks before!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Old rotten mid pipe and Sebring backbox removed.

The backbox is pretty nice and in good nick. I've just purchased a 3 month membership so I'll be putting this up in the classifieds soon.

New midpipe fitted with a decat from a friend's EK4.

Back box was a PITA to fit as the guy before had literally just cut it straight off. We had to get a little creative.

But yes, looks and sounds much better. Volume isn't that loud as there's a B pipe silencer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MOT booked for tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Still enjoying the new exhaust system. Get a decent VTEC crossover at 4.5-5k-ish. Some noise, not much more poke mind you  applause.gif1

Next on the agenda will be a Blox inlet manifold and a 70mm TB.

Possible after that, I'll look into an uprated 4-2-1 as the collector on the stocker seems puny.

• Like 1

MOT failed last week on a split CV boot.

Replaced using the handy boot stretcher tool. MOT restest this Saturday. Everything else flew through!

My dash leak has returned with the recent downpours. A sloshing noise in my blower motor under the passenger side of the dash this morning.

I suspect the drain under the scuttle is blocked again. Just removed the glove box for easy access to the pollen filter to squeeze my fingers in. Was wet in the blower but not soaked.

Any tips on removing the scuttle panel? I remember trying last year and finding it a real struggle to remove the clips.

I have some powerful air canisters so hopefully i can get away lifting the panel and blasting the dirt away blocking the drain?

Another leak. Top of passenger A pillar. Sunroof drains seem okay. I used a funnel and tipped blue screen wash into the channels. No leaking and they drained pretty fast.

Windscreen sealant was peeling away so i've replaced it.

I'm guessing it's leak from the roof strips. Had the same thing on the drivers' side last year

Or the bonding around the windscreen mate. It does tend to fail after so many years. Hard to find where water gets in, but if you remove all the plastic trim around the screen, and the scuttle panel, you should be able to run sealent discreetly around the whole screen. That should hopefully cure it.