yes def whip the bumper off. When i got my M she had a previous accident and they had used mastic on the headlight clips so i bought a replacement and fitted it without removing the bumper.. Took ages

I now remove bumper for anything headlight related...

• Like 2

So the bumper came off easier than I expected!

The headlights were still a pig to remove though, getting caught on the metal bar?

The drivers side headlight fit a treat. Beam is a little low so I need to adjust the headlight level tomorrow :)

The passenger side was a little bit tricky.

The bottom bolt which is hidden behind the bumper had snapped and another was already in place...however the light doesn't seem to fit very well in the hole.

Left side is too close to the bonnet and I have a monumental panel gap to the wing.

It was much more of a pig to fit than the drivers side so something may be caught..

Some more fiddling required as it got dark rather quick!

The picture actually makes it look a lot worse than it is. I done some more adjusting after taking the photo :)

E4MPrIq.jpg?1

Might purchase some rubber strips to close the gap :)

What an absolutely fabulous day! Sun is out. The ground is dry! Managed to get quite a bit done before midday :)

Had another go at the bumper and lights and found the passenger light was caught on a plug!

It fit back nicely.

There is still some small panel gaps but that's my fault. I bent the wings being an impatient scrote and pulling the lights out.. Oops.

So anyway, here's the result

xxsThfi.jpg

evSq3Z8.jpg

Driver side fitment

MgR7tfu.jpg?1

And the not so elegant passenger side!

DxuXxSy.jpg?1

I have noticed the drivers side headlight beam is incredibly low, much lower than the passenger. Is there a manual adjuster anywhere to raise it up?

Now, onto the fogs. 

My new H3 bulbs arrived today, Yay! So I thought..

Both fogs seem to be totally ruined with rounded screws and horrible bodge repairs!

Driver side unit with cap. The bulb doesn't work.

Jei2zhw.jpg?1

Passenger side with no cap. The bulb works :)

lmJMPYB.jpg?1

I was stopped in my tracks almost immediately when one of the screws was badly rounded. I could tell that if I tried undoing it with some force it'd be ruined completely.

83Adl9R.jpg?1

I undid the 3 tiny screws at the top and managed to open the unit slightly and what tipped out was this

h2xfX3v.jpg?1

i'm guessing the insides have shattered including the bulb and is beyond repair.

Going to remove them sometime soon and source some new ones :(

No prob i happened to have an old light hanging about so i took a quick pic..

sure you can find an M in a breakers and pull them off, re fitting one of mine was flapping so a blob of stupid glue and it stayed in place neatly..