Ah, week off work :)

Attempted to remove the resonator box from the intake this morning but after realising it's hidden behind a mud shield I decided not to bother and just wait for an induction kit or something.

What's everyone's opinions on the "whales peen" intake? My friend has said a big no no.

Attempted to remove the resonator box from the intake this morning but after realising it's hidden behind a mud shield I decided not to bother and just wait for an induction kit or something.

What's everyone's opinions on the "whales peen" intake? My friend has said a big no no.

I had one on my last M! Depends what you're after, for noise it's epic! For power, meh, needs a box to keep the heatsoak down, it's really bad for that!! 

I also have a spare inlet mani with the IAB butterflies removed.  :wink:

Personally, I'm looking at a Skunk2 inlet mani or Blox as that looks like a major bottleneck.

Open cone filters always suffer from warm air. Clever placement of a CAI and headshields could see some improvement.

I also have a spare inlet mani with the IAB butterflies removed.  :wink:

Personally, I'm looking at a Skunk2 inlet mani or Blox as that looks like a major bottleneck.

Yeah apparently the inlet is the place to make power once your exhaust set up is right! Just make sure that you get it for a C1/C4 as the inlet ports are taller than on the rest of the B series!

You really need to drop the bumper off to get the res box out as one of the bolts tucked away and it's the only way you can reach it.

A few people who've gone down the whales c0ck route have built a box around it to combat heat soak.

Yeah apparently the inlet is the place to make power once your exhaust set up is right! Just make sure that you get it for a C1/C4 as the inlet ports are taller than on the rest of the B series!

Only the AEBS manifold is port matched to ours.

You really need to drop the bumper off to get the res box out as one of the bolts tucked away and it's the only way you can reach it.

A few people who've gone down the whales c0ck route have built a box around it to combat heat soak.

Only the AEBS manifold is port matched to ours.

Lately I've been seeing Skunk2 ones advertised as fitting C1/C4, could be that they've finally started to sell them with the correct port sizes?! :o 

Attempt 2 at box removal.

Mud shield will not come off. One of the bolts underneath is just spinning.

I'm not pro enough to remove a bumper either.

I did however remove 2 bolts before realising there's a 3rd so the box is now wobbling about. Sigh. I'll just bolt it back in place and go the induction kit route.