Project TDi Bora... Plastidip...eh yeah .... Dont do it

jamestopdog

My Audi wheels sit really far in as well and if I hang on to it I've every intention of getting 16mm spacers for the rears.  My own thoughts on why they sit in so far is that any further out and the rear of the car will be more susceptible to stone chips from debris thrown up from the tyres. I could be very wrong though.

That plastidip clear looks like a fantastic job for a silver car :)

I used JOM Coilovers on my MK4 and lowered it quite a bit, really good for £150 coilovers and actually more comfortable on a properly low golf, than my mates BC racing coilovers on his EK4 on a street setup. Word of warning though I don't know what yours is like but front springs/shocks on a golf is an absolute pain to change. I actually drove around with the rear on coilovers and front still 4x4 height for a week cause I had to give up on the fronts for a bit because they were taking too long and the car was a daily driver! Good choice on H&R's though, really good quality setup.

To be honest shafzzz ive had cheap coilovers before and I currently have £600 gaz coilies on the mb, I would never have coilies without dampening adjustment. Not bothered about slamming this anyway, as cant be bothered with chassis notch mod etc!

I had eibach -40mm springs on my old mk4 tdi, and they were fine, not low but looked alot better than stock :)

Paying a mechanic to do them mate and he said they were a mission to do on the front!

My Audi wheels sit really far in as well and if I hang on to it I've every intention of getting 16mm spacers for the rears.  My own thoughts on why they sit in so far is that any further out and the rear of the car will be more susceptible to stone chips from debris thrown up from the tyres. I could be very wrong though.

That plastidip clear looks like a fantastic job for a silver car :)

Cant wait just ordered this lot up to try a test piece ;)

11ba17561888db105c2629dbeeda0a38.jpg

• Like 1

Looked like you had camber before!? Sits nicely now! Think you need the rear pads changing too?

Yeah I know! Think it may have been the angle I took the photo at. Rear pads and discs will be done next cople of months ;)

Any idea how many of those cans you'd need to do the whole car?

Not sure mate, decided im going to do boot first, see how much that uses up, I reckon be best to do one panel at a time.

Was hoping would have it by now but only the masking tape turned up so far!

Oh I say, that's a little bit of a poke!  :wink:

Tiny bit! Does look better, even better when lowered ;)