Turbo kit

MB6IX

I would say the turbo itself and manifold should be the bits you concentrate the money on. Piping is piping to me, probably injectors if you're changing them shouldn't be cheap either.

• Like 1

Not to give away the game too much, but I've been doing ALOT of research into this over the last couple of months.

1st point, our blocks will take 350 on a good map with no problem at all. 250 isn't stressin it at all.

Running a gt25 is the wrong turbo for our engines. It's not large enough to maintain boost up top and I bet it that setup was running alot of boost.

A gt28 from what I have read is the preferable turbo, something like the gt2861r ball bearing. Expensive but as Krzys has said, the turbo and the mani are the main hardware components you need to shell out on. Then on the other side it's choosing someone good to map it. The hardware is useless without the correct map.

Food for thought though, my two pence worth.

Not to give away the game too much, but I've been doing ALOT of research into this over the last couple of months.

1st point, our blocks will take 350 on a good map with no problem at all. 250 isn't stressin it at all.

Running a gt25 is the wrong turbo for our engines. It's not large enough to maintain boost up top and I bet it that setup was running alot of boost.

A gt28 from what I have read is the preferable turbo, something like the gt2861r ball bearing. Expensive but as Krzys has said, the turbo and the mani are the main hardware components you need to shell out on. Then on the other side it's choosing someone good to map it. The hardware is useless without the correct map.

Food for thought though, my two pence worth.

It is most definitely a do it cheap, do it twice affair when it comes to this!

It is most definitely a do it cheap, do it twice affair when it comes to this!

Completely agree mate. I think you can get away with a decent cast mani, one that has a collector style casting with a central wastage feed if your going to run an external. These are considerably cheaper than a decent SS one. You'll pay £600+ for a decent SS that won't crack.

Obv out of it all the turbo is the key component in terms of hardware. Been using ATP turbos for reference and your looking at about £700 delivered on the gt2861r which is a lot, BUT you'll almost never need to replace it.

One of the reasons I bailed on turboing.

Even waste gate and dump valve need to be decent really. Else ya gonna have issues.

It all stacks up in price!

So I decided amongst other things that I couldn't afford to do it properly.

Now if I was a younger man without the family n that... It would be a different story!

• Like 2

My friend mark is using a b18c4 with stock internals and he's pushing 500 bhp. And he drives it to a track day, thrashes it then drives home again with no issues whatsoever. He uses eBay wastegates and has done for years. Majority of the work was done by Ricky at race tech. Safety lies in the mapping and money spent where it needs to be.

• Like 1