Which coilovers?

MB3Matt

Having a relatively small budget, I am looking to spend no more than 100-150, as I'll be paying labour on top for someone to fit, any advice as to whats out there, and how much I should be spending would be greatly appreciated :)

umm i've heard from a few people coilover sleeves are ok, but personally i'd go all out and get meister R's

i have a set on mine and they have been brilliant for me, just make sure you grease them up before putting on the car as the thread gets covered in Sh1t and hard to move after a while.

i spent about £600 on mine but obviously there are cheaper ones out there.

how low you looking to go?

Raceland went out of business, Europe side AFAIK their products were sh*t anyway! My Dad had a Golf MK4 they started to lock and corrode after a month so we took them back!

Like many people have said MGZS shocks and springs, although the term "coilover" is thrown around so much it wouldn't surprise me if you just mean a non-adjustable Strut/spring setup I'm 99% that 'FoxSuspension' used the term coil-over meaning a spring over a strut

• Like 2

These are the ones I was thinking of: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-HONDA-CIVIC-11-95-02-2001-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION-EJ-EK-MA-MB-/251436189187?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a8ac3c603 iirc they are the same as the ones Craig (Fyfie5) has.

I know they are a bit more than you want to spend but although MGzs shocks with lowering springs are a fantastic set up they are f*cking hard to live with on a daily basis.

Personally I wouldn't risk coil over sleeves, there are some cheap sets out there, Raceland iirc.

Other than that mgzs shocks and lowering springs.

X2 had them on my deck very sh1t was riding on bump stops stay away from sleeves

I wouldn't trust cheap nasty coilovers.

My friend got 140quid coilovers from eBay and within 2 weeks both front shocks had blown.

Personally I'm going for MeisterR but for your budget some springs should do you fine :)

• Like 1

Springs for me as well. Cheap coil overs are gonna be exactly that.. cheap.

If you want coil overs particularly I'd be looking at 2nd hand in decent condition. For example my teins were 265 quid in good used condition that's quite a saving and they are really good

• Like 1