Shafzzz BMW 325i E90 GrandadSpec build

Shafzzz

Was good to actually go in the BMW properly instead of in a car park. Definitely a good car and the VANOS YO! kicks in nicely. :lol:

• Like 1

Handles fairly well too, apparently on a simulator it can drift.

Simulated drifting, what's that about, get out there and put the boot in. ;)

• 11 months later...

Major thread resurrection!

I took this to Santa Pod again in June last year and managed to get a 15.4 at 91mph with a 2.1 60ft in it this time, which considering the conditions were less than ideal I was more than happy with :) 

Got the windows tinted about a week before I decided the EP3 was a good car to buy!

Still have this, barely gets used I think if I didn't take it to Geneva it'd have done around 400 miles these past 10 months since I got the EP3. But yeah, Geneva, it was awesome. Longest journey I've done in this car and very surprised with it. Over 1800ish miles it averaged 36.2mpg at 80mph which for a 2.5 straight 6 petrol pre low emission BMW engines is really good! Cruise control literally saved my life and made it so easy for cross continent driving, as well as having the torque I lack in the EP3 to let's say.. clear congestion :).

A while ago I got digital speedometer coded into the car so the central display between the dials showed the speed, on this trip I found out that if I change the units from Miles to Km, it changes the odometer AS WELL AS the digital speedo readout! Making it really easy to set cruise control to the speed limit and not have to do sums in my head constantly to work out mph to km/h :)

Not sure what I'm going to do with this, barely gets used, won't make much money on it if I sell it. Appreciating the climate control in the current weather it counters the fact it has black leather and the tinted windows help it a lot.

Recent pics!

On the ferry in Dover about to disembark on this journey:

BMW%20geneva1_zpsh0mmxl5t.jpg

MPG midway through the trip, stayed between 35.8-36.2 the entire journey, car ticked over 90000kms in Northern France (~56k miles):

BMW%20geneva3_zpscuoyxnh8.jpg

During the first stop-over in Bourge-en-Bresse, France. Such a pretty little place, and amazing amazing patisseries the breakfast there was top notch.

BMW%20geneva2_zpsv5mke2vh.jpg

View from the Hotel room from our stop on the way back, a nice little Campanile in Laon, France, this place was absolutely stunning.BMW%20geneva4_zps3mu8yhip.jpg

And the aftermath of 1700+ miles through mostly motorways :lol:

BMW%20flysplatter_zps4bedgdj7.jpg

I have lots of pictures of scenery and the cars at the Geneva Motorshow if anyone wishes to see them :). The trip was seamless and the BMW made it all so easy, it's such a good motorway cruiser and incredibly comfortable. Petrol is cheaper on the continent but if I were to roadtrip again I'd take a diesel. Diesel is 80ish pence per litre there whereas petrol is 99p-£1.03/L atm. Word of warning though if I knew beforehand how expensive French tolls were I would've taken less stop offs and all nighter'd it to Geneva. £350 in tolls over a weekend, less than that went on fuel alone!

Yeah the tolls can be steap! I always use the Back roads that basically run along side the motorways! Bit more interesting too as there's stuff to look at.

Quite the dilemma because the two cars are perfect to cover all areas but you can only use one at a time plus it can like you've discovered, end up being months between trips it takes!

Driving in France is a nightmare, a lot of their motorways are basically 80mph dual carriageways so when two limited HGVs try to battle it out, it's really annoying. You have to plan ahead and know what to do in order to avoid getting caught behind lorry drivers who want to fight eachother across two lanes.

If my EP3 had usable back seats (low + low exhaust) I'd keep it as my sole car, however going in my friends IS200 has made me try to convince my brother in law to go halves with me on one (he takes train to work, I drive to work, so if I use it during the week then the EP3 on weekends etc). Then I sell the BMW and add that money to the funds for the next mad Jap car!

Sounds like a plan, or get him in on the BMW, save you buying another car and selling that one?

I know what you mean, I've done France a few times, they are really arrogant in the way they drive!