Rear calipers

Grant

Ok chaps. So definitely one, if not both rear calipers are slightly sticky. Not uncommon in these I know.

I haven't actually had them apart to have a look, could just be a case of sliding the runners up and all will be well. However, I fear this won't be the case. They aren't desperate to do, they still bite well, but sometime before japfest all the calipers will be coming off for paint, so while I'm there I'm thinking if getting this,

http://bit.ly/OpvdLP

Anyone ever done it?? Are the kits any good?

This isn't great news :(

My rear calipers stick slightly if I leave the handbrake on for about a day or two

You wanna see if the handbrake leaver on each caliper moves freely when you apply hand brake.

If they do then you probably just need to clean and grease up the sliders on the carriers.

Could be worth a try but I think it's usually the piston that rusts and seizes.

One of my very bestest friend rebuilds calipers for a living. He says these "rover type" calipers fail because the bearing under the handbrake lever rusts and seizes.

One of my very bestest friend rebuilds calipers for a living. He says these "rover type" calipers fail because the bearing under the handbrake lever rusts and seizes.

That's interesting to know. Nice one. :)

Can that be greased and freed or will it need replacing?