Rear calipers

Grant

I paid £110 for mine just over 2 years ago, so they've gone up a bit. I'm a bit confused though as that's a pair for a Supra which you would think would be more expensive.

See what Jake can come up with and give him a shout if there's no joy there. Here's the original thread by the way: http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/774-fully-recondictioned-rear-calipers-for-a-mb6/

I think £110 sounds better but still expensive! Just wouldn't expect it, how much is a brand new caliper?

Would be interesting to know what a patten part would be.

Although id like to stay original. Second hand you always run the risk of them being the same though.

They're not quite at the point thy need replacing though, will wip them off on the weekend to get a better idea. Hopefully a good old lube will squeeze some more life out of them

• Like 1

I think you can get recon kits that include the piston,seals and everything else thas perishable but cant remember where i saw that mabe ebay or tegiwa. Its always cheaper to do it ur self

Yeah I think I'd favor this, provided I had the tools and know-how :lol:

If you don't have a wind back tool then a large plain screw driver does the same job OR get a pair of mole grips...cut a large washer in half and use the flat 'cut side' to wind the piston back.

I have just noticed, this morning, that my n/s/r caliper is sticking as my alloy was rather warm compared to the other side after a thrashing on the way home from work! Damn it.

I had all rear piston boots done a few months ago but as this thread pointed out...it could point to the handbrake lever bearing. Handy site this is!

• Like 2

If you don't have a wind back tool then a large plain screw driver does the same job OR get a pair of mole grips...cut a large washer in half and use the flat 'cut side' to wind the piston back.

I have just noticed, this morning, that my n/s/r caliper is sticking as my alloy was rather warm compared to the other side after a thrashing on the way home from work! Damn it.

I had all rear piston boots done a few months ago but as this thread pointed out...it could point to the handbrake lever bearing. Handy site this is!

:civic5rocks3: