My PB MB9 Aerodeck! Engine rebuild in progress

vtec2011

I have got a fair bit done yesterday. Spent hours sanding down the front panel and chassis and then come to realise I am not going to be able to sand down and respray the whole engine bay. Bossman wants my car out of the garage later on today. Really annoying but oh well...

And another reason why I didn't carry on is I'm not too happy with the colour. I wanted the midnight Ford Puma purple but it looks a lot brighter. Looks more of a Ford Fiesta purple. Again, it will do.... better than rust haha

20160102_171310.jpg

20160102_171329.jpg

20160102_173902.jpg

To be honest I haven't wire tucked it yet. I have re-routed the drivers side headlight harness and took the fuse box out to see how to get round that, that's pretty much it...

Today I have ordered a Gates cambelt kit (comes with new water pump) APL clutch kit and a new sump gasket. I am struggling to buy a lightweight flywheel at this time. A bit annoying as I really want to get it all back together to get the engine running, just incase...

Tomorrow's job is replacing all the brake and fuel pipes for copper pipes. One job I hate doing :lol:

how are you struggling to find a lightweight flywheel?? email, Tegiwa, H-tune, 6Two1

Because I cannot afford it, one on ebay for 160 odd quid but I still need a oil pump which is more important really..