My aerodeck - now gone :(

marv

Looking good mate ..

What process/measures are you putting in place to make sure your welding them "true"/"straight" ??

Interested to know as Im pretty good with a welder .. Wonder whether I might have a go ..

Looking good mate ..

What process/measures are you putting in place to make sure your welding them "true"/"straight" ??

Interested to know as Im pretty good with a welder .. Wonder whether I might have a go ..

I first of all tacked the new band to the old outer lip. Once tacked I refitted it to the wheel using some existing marks if made previously. I then loaded the wheel into the lathe to make sure it's running true (from standard the wheels have a run off, they're not made to a tight tolerance) when I'm happy with it I put some good tacks on the band to the wheel. When I fully welded them I stagard the welds to try help it from pulling etc. I'm happy how the first two have come out so far. Got a friend who is going to fit tyres and check for leaks before I paint them

• Like 1

Good stuff mate! Gonna look sweet when they're on :)

I got 15x7 steels. I thought they were from a Vauxhall but got a feeling they're from a Renault Scenic. They will be going midnight purple ;)