"What the Heck??" Smitty_Works MC3 Aerodeck

Oh.

Off to a breakers yard then?

problem is there aren't that many yards in my area. and the ones I do find don't have M chassis civics. its a shame actually, but also a good thing. shows that people take care of their M's.

Should think Rover/MG cars may use the same pattern for the carpets? 

hmmmm...... maybe. but its the same with Rover/MG not too many around here.

• 1 month later...

been a minute since I been on here;

but I got the interior and carpet situation sorted out. I ended up pulling all the grey cushion stuff off the carpet and installed some new cushion. cleaned the carpet with a magical potion of carpet cleaners and Lysol, and all kinds of smelly good stuffs.

now the problem that just came up is I keep blowing the 20amp fuse for my wipers/windows in the fuse box. I rolled my windows down and they wouldn't go back up this morning. so I naturally checked the fuses and yes the fuse was blown.

simple right? nope........ I replaced the fuse, turned the ignition switch to accessory position, and my rear wiper came on by itself. weird, actually very weird.

so I turned the wiper switch for the rear on and off and the wiper just kept on wiping. turned the power off and back on and the fuse was blown again.

so far I have replaced 3 fuses and just kept my windows rolled up. I am assuming the combination switch for my front and rear wipers is toast and no good. something is causing a short for the fuse to pop.

any ideas gents?

I think I found the issue. did a few test and came to the conclusion its the rear wiper motor. here was the break down

1. new fuse, roll windows up and down with car started and in accessory position. no blown fuse.

2. turn on front wipers no, no blown fuse

3. turn on rear wipers, hear the fuse pop

so I pull off the plastics on the trunk lid and pull the plug for the wiper. replace with yet another 20a fuse, cross fingers and pray to the Honda gods, and turn the key. windows go up and down with  no problem. I have been testing it all day and the fuse is still good. did a lil research and found out that a dying motor will try and draw a lot of extra power and can cause the fuses to blow in cars.

so I just need to grab up a new rear wiper motor and I will be set.