"What the Heck??" Smitty_Works MC3 Aerodeck

wassup man? nice to see another nwp resident here. its not too bad as long as you have the right sliders and rails.  or if you are balling you can buy one from capital seating for 150GBP.

Yeah haha, NWP members should be rare here, since in US they don't have that car. :D

Thanks for the name, I'll check that since I'm not sure I'll be able to find or make my own brackets.

wassup man? nice to see another nwp resident here. its not too bad as long as you have the right sliders and rails.  or if you are balling you can buy one from capital seating for 150GBP.

I bought some rails 2,5 years ago when i found a set for cheap on ebay just by accident, don't even own the seats yet! But keep an eye out they pop up every once and now.

I a still hunting down this fuse blowing issue. I put a new fuse in today and just sat in the car. turned the power on and waited, and waited, and waited. eventually the fuse blew without having any accessories on. I didn't get a chance to check out the radio harness today. hopefully tomorrow. very worse case scenario is me pulling the whole car apart and putting in a new harness from firewall to trunk.

but I didn't let that stop me from going to junkyard and grabbing up some spare parts and such. all this came from a 1,6 ESI. it was in good shape except for the door being damaged. plan on getting more parts from the donor next month.

DSC_0368_zpscc536010.jpg

i think i am gonna mock up a fog light set up from the spare fog light block offs.

I plan on swapping out the wood grain finish for the faux carbon fiber look this week.

DSC_0369_zpsd63116bb.jpg

the wood finish though!! the carbopn ones do look nice though

don't get me wrong. its cool, but not my type of cool. lol

Bye bye wood!

stepping up my carbon game sir.

Be a nice touch for the interior! 

i think its very subtle and will flow well with my recaro seats and spoon goodies

• Like 1

finally, finally, finally found the damn culprit. :twisted: 

whilst pouting about blowing fuses i started to take all my radio stuff out and found out that it wasn't the radio or radio harness. so i started from the trunk again.  i unplugged everything from the trunk, door lock actuator, trunk door light indicator, wiper, all of it. i put a fuse in and turned the key and it was a instant pop. pop goes the weasel and fuse!!

so i had that WTF WACK11111 look on my face. i then went to open the trunk. the damn trunk light came on. keep in mind all the stuff is unplugged. so i close the trunk and the light goes out and comes on. hmmmm,,,,,,, okayyyy. :?:  then it dawns on me. there is a boogie man in my trunk. naw jk

i kinda open and closed the trunk just a little bit and noticed the light would come on and off. so i started to think that the harness is messed up or something,. and sure enough it was.

20141014_192245_zpsnflvvnaa.jpg

IMG-20141014-WA0010_zpsruhmbkoz.jpg

so now i know what was really causing the headache cry.gif1 

so i spent a good hour soldering the wires and taking my time. used some heat shrink and electrical tape to reinforce the harness. replaced the fuse and plugged everything back in and its all good to go now!!!