"What the Heck??" Smitty_Works MC3 Aerodeck

Lets get right into this shall we. Been building Honda's for 14yrs, but this is my 1st Aerodeck build. Its going to be slow and more of a mini-build.

As some may know I am the newbie who just bought their 1st MC3 2.0i TD Aerodeck. Always wanted one so I made the purchase for 999EUR.

Not a bad deal as the car has no significant body damage, or other REAL issues. Nothing that my experience as a Honda head cant handle.

DSC_1138_zps6b191201.jpg

DSC_1130_zpsd349735c.jpg

DSC_1146_zpsb44ddabd.jpg

DSC_1142_zps9a6a58f9.jpg

DSC_1144_zps020e77f7.jpg

Heres what I plan to do:

Lower the car

Freshen up any worn out or damaged suspension parts

Clean up the brake system

Add a rear sway bar

new rims and tires ( not too sure if I want a 15in or 16in tire/rim combo)

New radio

Seat bracket/sliders for my Recaro seats

And basically fix what I deem needs to be fixed. As I stated its going to be low cause I want to get it right the 1st time. Plus I am building up my Civic Ferio K series as well. That's a whole nother beast too.

So stay tuned cause its going to get started really soon!!!!

• Like 1

One of the 1st things I did was clean the car. Sorry there are not that many pictures of this process, but you get the idea.

I used a mixture of Wool lite dark, Ariel laundry soap, water, and a steam cleaner to clean up the seats and carpet.

Pulled the seats out

20140601_114441_RichtoneHDR_zpszystpzsj.

OMG!!!!!! applause.gif1 I am sooooo rich!!! 1 Free Euro. So In reality I only paid 998EUR for the car. Score for me.

20140601_114500_RichtoneHDR_zpsjm1uvvci.

I still needed to get this to pass inspection so I knocked out the brake rotors and pads. And man let me tell, I am glad I did. Theses things would make a baby cry just by looking at them, but I guess this is normal for European salt roads.

20140605_191421_RichtoneHDR_zpsxgu38aa8.

20140605_192913_RichtoneHDR_zpsepjubymm.

All done. Even though they grip sooo much better I am contemplating upgrading to a bigger rotor and caliper.

20140605_195150_RichtoneHDR_zpsny86n9xj.

That's all for now. I have a OEM VTi VSM front lip on the way. Should be here soon.

• Like 1

Good start!

Also I like 17s on aerodecks :wink:

I have never dealt with anything bigger than 16in, but I guess on a wagon it would look nice. Maybe something in the 215/45/17 range. I dunno. I have a boat load of 15in rims in my garage that I am getting ready to re-finish, and I cant let them go to waste

Another one for never having seen one ! Will watch with interest :-)

I've never seen an MC3 before, I thought they only existed in brochures. :lol:

Nice base, didnt know about MC3's lol... Like the plans, bonus on the free euro!! :lol:

Nice mc3 2nd one I have ever seen

Yeah, its kinda like "BigFoot" always talked bout but never seen. I was told they didn't sell well in the UK but other countries in Europe it did well.

They're so rare that this section of the forum doesn't mention them. :lol:

Honda Civic MA8 MA9 MB1 MB2 MB3 MB4 MB6 MB7 MB8 MB9 MC1 MC2 projects

Think it needs to be amended now. :lol:

• Like 3

+1 for never seeing one of these before, nice plans. 17s do look good on a deck but if you are planning fairly decent lows (30mm or more) they will need quite a bit of work. 16s are perfect with lows.