Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

You'll find out once it's done! I don't remember my brother's EP3 being that bad and that had a Spoon back box and an open filter! Think these have a bit more sound deadening?

The pre-facelift had less sound deadening. Exhaust couldn't get done today due to a hitch with my catalytic converter. Driveshaft and brakes were done though and all working well.

The standard cat was so rusted that the flange on the end of it, if my uncle/mechanic was to undo the bolts or put any tension on it whatsoever, the cat would've cracked. The flange was also rusted so thin it was apparently 'thinner than the cardboard box the exhaust came in' - so new cat ordered. That probably explains my relatively poor fuel economy and some performance issues. So as of Wednesday hopefully I will have a new cat, new centre section and new backbox. Hopefully.

And the exhaust is on, and hooooly crap it's loud, like LOUD, the centre section hangs a bit low and I've already scraped it on a speedbump :( But the new exhaust system is amazing, car feels faster, definitely sounds faster.. sounds like a Honda now.

Up on the ramp you go!

aeb6fda9-41ea-4a56-ba5c-fde17f909239_zps

Byebye old restrictive blowing exhaust!

a3f5f5d2-19a5-47ee-a3dd-fcbeb021bdfc_zps

Hellloo new noisemaker!

81ce27ae-b7d3-45e1-b896-9a2ac51a08d9_zps

And a video.. I should really invest in a phoneholder.