Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Top end my EP3 pulls harder than my 325i, which pulled harder than @Roj MB6.. not that we know how we know that ofcourse,

It's funny because at Santa Pod, there was .2 seconds in it between the 325i and the MB6? It's after 120kmh that the 325i can keep up the pull.

Thanks it sounds incredible in real life haha, I'd have to agree with you with the shorter ratios being a good and a bad point, but around a track the way an EP3 corners, you'd need a very very well sorted MB6 to keep up IMO, the EP3 was the fastest hatch around the 'ring for a while too, but we'll see about the straight line thing when I meet up with Roj for some '0-30's' and '30-70s' before japfest2 ;)

We shall have funs.

It's funny because at Santa Pod, there was .2 seconds in it between the 325i and the MB6? It's after 120kmh that the 325i can keep up the pull.

We shall have funs.

Yeah it was the change into 4th that the 325i started to pull away IIRC

And yes we shall :)

Small update: Fixed a battery issue I had which kept immobilising the car, as the prefacelift alarms aren't the smartest tbh... Also got used to the exhaust now, it's still extremely loud but I can live with it, just have to be really careful when I start the car as the K20A2 idles quite high and it is quite loud on cold starts. Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it though!

Instagrammed pic of l'exhaust:

7becc103-a0e1-4470-8b55-e33b8c00b80e_zps

Yeah mine has the square black fob which is an absolute ballache lol, late '02 car, what fob does yours have?

I cant think of the company that made them, i just read nothing but bad things about the early alarms. Mine has the alarm and fob from a facelift as mine is a 53 plate so just before they facelifted.

I'm focussing more on performance so will be doing the Hondata Airbox mod soon as it gives a dyno proven 2-3bhp, as well as other little things like Mugen (replica probably) spoiler, factory shade of tint on the windows, repaint the calipers, things like that.