Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

Yeah I drove the EP3 and FN2 back to back, my colleague before he bought his FN2 brand new in 2007 had two EP3s and every time he drives mine he asks to buy it off me haha! The FN2 is the better daily driver I admit, but the pedal response is a bit iffy compared to the EP3, both good cars though :)

• Like 1

@DAVEMB2 lol indeed a typo! Meant that I deffo prefer the B series more than the K. Is the standard ECU mappable? Without honda/insurance knowing? If so, might have to get that done.

Unfortunately our standard ECUs are not mappable, I know for the K20A2 you need either a Hondata K100 or a Kpro in order to load a map onto it (think S300 on an MB6), basically a reprogrammable chip, but it doesn't list that it works for the K20Z4 like your car has.. Hmm I think you can Hondata Flashpro it though!

Just googled: You can get a Hondata Flashpro

Hmm, will need to think about that. Good things on the way though, new front discs and pads (rears have been done) and new set of plugs for it too. When the discs are off, I'm going to machine the front calippers smooth then get em painted, Also going to adjust the clutch as it's biting the minute the pedal is off the floor, so going to give it a bit more travel to help with high speed gear changing. Might think about mapping it once the warranty runs out.

What kind of gains can I expect if I go for a mix of mpg and power? Over standard I mean.

• Dave unpinned this topic