Rover 216 GTi Twin cam (Ronda)

carl747

• 2 weeks later...

Bring back memories of me and one of my mates. He had a 216GTi and a 220GTi was a fast car back in its day. I much prefer the wheels you have on there now, they suit the age of the car even if they are from a newer car, if that makes sense lol

Car ran 132bhp on the dyno yesterday so am happy with it stock power is 130bhp it's 22 years old and engine only has air filter and back box but the manifold is off a civic but not really uprated 

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

• Like 1

Guest jimbob738

Awesome mate I grew up surrounded by rovers my dad and granddad were vitesse turbo nutters both mechanics and guess what I learnt to drive in one of these pure f*cking quality, I had a 220 turbo a few years back went through a few gearboxs and did head on it aswell but sh1t it was fast nothing could touch it.

these a one of the best 90's cars imo I miss rovers you got a lot for the dosh and if you knew what you were doing you could blaze much more up market cars never forget my dads and granddad rest his sole loved his turquois rover 820 turbo he bought it only a few years old with his pit redundancy what a car. 

this is awesome mate so glad your putting the work in keep some of the heritage alive mate.

that rad made me chuckle common rover sight from back in the day ha ha the rads were shockers made from recycled bean tins.

• 1 month later...

Bit of work on the sill tonight 

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

So seeing as the car is NEC bound this year need to tidy a few things up 

Sticker removed off back 

IMAG0283.jpg

Make the interior match seeing as won't have the electric Windows fitted and Craig is still refusing to sell me the door cards out the green GSi painted the door cards black for now to match 

IMAG0285.jpg

Needed to tidy the fabric up but again the grey doesn't match the black seats so done what I can for now 

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

Don't think I did too bad for a 1st attempt 

Door cards need abit more paint but it tidys it up for now as hopefully will be able to fit electric Windows and the correct door cards at some point