VTI-S project, hopefully H2B conversion. (Picture Heavy)

Paul_Batman

I think the h2b means h series engine connected 2 b series box. H2b rather then h engine swapped for a b. that would be h4b lol.

Personally, if you ask my opinion. A simple s80 gearbox swap, different intake manifold with a few bolts ons n itr cams, chipped and mapped etc would be a better and simpler route.

H series are petrol guzzlers.

There wasn't a h2b on Facebook. There was a h22 full swap mb6 though on eBay a while back for like a grand.

• Like 1

I think the h2b means h series engine connected 2 b series box. H2b rather then h engine swapped for a b. that would be h4b lol.

Personally, if you ask my opinion. A simple s80 gearbox swap, different intake manifold with a few bolts ons n itr cams, chipped and mapped etc would be a better and simpler route.

H series are petrol guzzlers.

There wasn't a h2b on Facebook. There was a h22 full swap mb6 though on eBay a while back for like a grand.

it is yes mate. H block onto a B series Gearbox :)

thing is mate, not many people have done a H2B swap in a M, so it would definitly be different to see. and will be a good experiance in doing it.

like me, i could've swapped a B18 into mine instead of a D16Z6 with some bolt on Mods Etc.. i have seen a small increase in power but not a massive amount. where as putting the B18 in i would've gained a lot more power straight away.

i plan to turbo before the end of the year depending on money, which will in fact give me much more than a B18 with bolt ons.

its all different peoples projects in how to get stuff done :)

• Like 2

Yer boost is good but N/A is mental lol :) plus going h22 gives you more volume and that's always gooooooooood could you find a breaking atr

Much need extra torque I would think from a H22?

• 3 weeks later...

@Jimbob yeah im running standard DC2 shocks and suspension without the rear ARB and it handles superb for a daily

@beastgtir you are right with a few bolt ons i might not be far away but further down the line there would be no room for more other that reversing and going boost imo,

£400 - S80

£220 - Skunk2/Blox inlet

£100 - Thermal intake gasket
£200 - DC2 cams
£100 - Dual valve springs and retainers
£100 - P28 chipped/socketed
£60   - DC2 OEM Air intake
£100 - 70mm Throttle body

£??? - Remap to suit mod's

Hidden costs when doing that is^^ 

£152 - Gates Timing belt + Tensioner + Water pump

£10   - Rocker Cover gasket

£27   - Oil filter + Oil
£20   - Spark Plugs

£??? - Labour 

Although you would get similar gains you would be pushing it n/a side without spending big money, spend the same and you can drop in a H22a with same power and still have the leeway down the line to add cams, bigger throttle body, better inlet, remap etc thats my logic anyway   :-) 

ive had some replies aswell from the company's when i've emailed them about the mb swap and they were saying it would go by EK mounts which goes against the rough general crossover rule but one company said they would chuck in both for good measure which was excellent customer service! ill copy and paste them below...

QSD -

The MB6 would likely be based around the EGDC kit.  The only difference from kit to kit is the engine mount brackets.  

Since you are outside the states I assume, if you ordered a kit I would be willing to throw in an EK engine mount bracket as well to assure you have what you will need.  

From my investigation, your car has an engine mount bracket setup based around the GSR B18C 3 post engine mount mount.  The EK here is the U.S. bases its engine mount bracket around a 2 post style, found in the 99-00 Civic Si.

Seth@QSD

now this is the one i will be going with due to his answer and the fact he is willing to chuck in the ek one as well just incase! =]