Beasts Honda Civic 1.8 VTiS MB6 (Previously Nicks)

beastgtir

Realised why the arch shields splattered off.

When the lip was removed, it's possible nick didn't realise that the arch shield has a bolt running through it that secures it to the bumper/lip.

When i rolled my arches, the bolt under the n/s front lip was solid...so i ripped it out and meant to cable tie it back....forgot to do so...and it came loose and rubbed on my tyre during a top speed run...and wore it down exposing my washer bottle!

£45 inc vat for inner arch liner from Western Honda and all sorted! TWO cable ties hold it now!

Your car looks mint btw

Good stuff mate, glad you're getting all the bits and pieces sorted.

I seen those window and sunroof deflectors on one of the FB Honda sites. I was very interested and was going to comment but you got there before me :lol:

Well as it happens, the wind deflectors for the front windows and the sunroof turn up! Result!

Leaves me with a dilemma though, I'd only want to fit the sunroof wind deflector with the door ones but I've only just fitted climair ones which I waited over 6 weeks for only a couple of days ago!

Also bagged a replica red skunk 2 battery tie down and rad stay from a local guy for £15 for both. Should be picking them up on the weekend. I can't really justify paying £60++ for original parts as they are only aesthetic pieces and serve no real purpose!

Have got some work to do on the car this week, going to get a quote for the body work - front lip and rear spoiler. The front lip is very matt looking and the rear spoiler has some bubbles/blistering coming through typical of Hondas of this era. If I can get these bits painted reasonably then I will also fit my new arch liners and get the bumper off to fit some smoked insert headlights too.

10521367_705008829593758_617510468154788

1012071_705008892927085_8473225391038190

Billy bargin there!

Budget build!

Missed out on a reconditioned S80 box for £400 from a trusted seller. Gutted, can't justify £600 plus from a reliable trader!

May just look for a cheap DC2 and swap the running gear into it,

• Like 1

Right, well I thought I'd treat it to a quick car wash as had leafs and all sorts stuck to the sides.

Didn't manage to squeeze in a polish today as ideally need to spend 2-3 hours to give it a proper clean inside and out myself as these car wash cowboys only do a half hearted job. Will attempt a semi detail tomorrow if the weather is good and build up the protective layer of wax/polish for the coming harsh conditions. Also need to condition the leather on the steering wheel, seats and give the dashboard plastics a coat of dash shine. I have spare civic mats which will be thrown over the original VTiS ones to protect them from wear and dirt over the next couple of months.

Fitted the OEM genuine Honda Access Wind deflectors and sunroof visor. These need a good clean and plastic polish of some sort to get them nice and shiny. Will look into this. Undecided on them currently, may revert back to just front Climair wind deflectors only as I liked that look too..

Few bits to do in the next week or so-

-Paint front and rear calipers silver and possibly apply a 'vtec' or 'honda' caliper decal

-Paint front H badge silver to break up the front

-Fit my smoked headlights

Over the next month or so

-Get my new exedy clutch fitted

-Front lip and rear spoiler respray

-Fit rhino/Ezz lip when it arrives

-Fit new arch shields

Long term plans

-B18C type r full engine and gearbox swap if I can find a good one, otherwise it will be only a S80 gearbox with chipped ECU and DC2 airbox plus possibly decat/different inlet plus tb.

-Evo Recaros of some sort. Love the evo 8-9 half leather and alacantra but they are going for £700 plus on ebay!

687dd9d1_o.jpeg

7f5c7e50_o.jpeg

d2e06c53_o.jpeg

e9e52a31_o.jpeg

23d817fe_o.jpeg

19ee5ed6_o.jpeg

c9483a39_o.jpeg

55f2795f_o.jpeg

ea9a4a88_o.jpeg

780e98c6_o.jpeg

22e04e72_o.jpeg

f76fbca0_o.jpeg

92d62bf5_o.jpeg

7681856d_o.jpeg

• Like 2

Polished it, threw in my spare mats over the vtis ones.

Fitted ATR style headlights, need a good polishing session on these to get them real shiny.

More updates next week as couple of other things planned.

Looks savage with the new lights and for some reason makes the car look jet black now :s

1ff45ebf_o.jpeg

3c3dfe07_o.jpeg

With the side lights on. (cree leds I think they are)

8efad10b_o.jpeg

• Like 1