Track day brakes for a daily driven MB/MC

Dexter

Nice one for the info Tom :-)

I ordered a set for my Aerodeck years ago and the rears were too short so i just sent them back.

They didn't know which would fit so i just left them...

Will be ordering some DC2 type r ones soon :-D

on our eg6 rally car we use braided lines (made our own) castrol 5.1 fluid and ADL discs (standard parts available from CAmberley auto factors) and DS2500. Never ever had brake fade or retartdation problems on a 10 mile stage with regular heavy late braking from silly speeds and the ADL discs are very rarely changed either.

Dont bother with grooved or drilled discs, complete waste of time for what u you want bud. Oh and get a brake stopper too, which stops flex on the bulk head, makes a big diffference too

• Like 2

Dont bother with grooved or drilled discs, complete waste of time for what u you want bud. Oh and get a brake stopper too, which stops flex on the bulk head, makes a big diffference too

Well this is exactly what one finnish time attack driver told me. But since the deck is (or is trying to be!) also a bit show, i think i'll be getting grooved discs anyway, just to get the look. For a brake stopper i was recommended this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEGIWA-BRAKE-STOPPER-HONDA-CIVIC-EG-INTEGRA-DC2-/171430553182?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ea0ea65e

An extra 50€ + postage... this is starting to turn into an expensive project! As always... :-D

I'll have to get in touch with Hel to see if they've sorted out the problem with the short rear lines. But i didn't really get you, Tom, you said you sorted it out by complaining meaning that you eventually got the proper lengths, or just got your money back???

Well this is exactly what one finnish time attack driver told me. But since the deck is (or is trying to be!) also a bit show, i think i'll be getting grooved discs anyway, just to get the look. For a brake stopper i was recommended this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEGIWA-BRAKE-STOPPER-HONDA-CIVIC-EG-INTEGRA-DC2-/171430553182?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ea0ea65e

An extra 50€ + postage... this is starting to turn into an expensive project! As always... :-D

I'll have to get in touch with Hel to see if they've sorted out the problem with the short rear lines. But i didn't really get you, Tom, you said you sorted it out by complaining meaning that you eventually got the proper lengths, or just got your money back???

He complained his rears were too short and they changed them for ones they'd normally supply if he had ordered to fit a DC2 :)

Thats the stopper i have too.

I have HEL lines on my deck and had no probs at all. longest lines on the front, shorter to the rear and they have one less mounting bracket than the standard hoses

Does the stopper make a difference @domandmel ?

I have mtec discs all round and need front discs as they are completely shafted. Tramlines on them and pedal kicking back etc due to the warptness of the discs.

Are Black Diamond discs any good peeps?

Does the stopper make a difference @domandmel ?

I have mtec discs all round and need front discs as they are completely shafted. Tramlines on them and pedal kicking back etc due to the warptness of the discs.

Are Black Diamond discs any good peeps?

Always heard good things and had them on my scoob.. Although it never really got ALOT of abuse.. Also if your looking at that price range there is TAROX too .. They're supposed to be a good disc ..

the brake stopper made a huge difference mate! @burbleboy

Unless you are going for the look then you really dont need super fancy discs, ADL discs are the best we have ever used. We tried some Tarox discs which i think were called superjapan or something, which had loads of grooves all round the disc, and after a bit of abuse a whole section the disc between said grooves fell off!

Always heard good things and had them on my scoob.. Although it never really got ALOT of abuse.. Also if your looking at that price range there is TAROX too .. They're supposed to be a good disc ..

I had Tarox discs and black diamond pads in the EK, very good pairing which could only be improved with fluid and lines! (Mine were OEM)

the brake stopper made a huge difference mate! @burbleboy

Unless you are going for the look then you really dont need super fancy discs, ADL discs are the best we have ever used. We tried some Tarox discs which i think were called superjapan or something, which had loads of grooves all round the disc, and after a bit of abuse a whole section the disc between said grooves fell off!

I had Tarox discs and black diamond pads in the EK, very good pairing which could only be improved with fluid and lines! (Mine were OEM)

I ordered a stopper for £32 of eBay. Seller bought and never fitted so brand new but opened. Good deal! I said I've stopped modding but as it's a track car, I need functional mods like stopper and discs.

I so ordered 12 grooved Black Diamond discs to replace me shafted Mtec ones! :)

• Like 2