Krzys

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

I did have all sorts of ideas before buying it! But now I've got it I'm just going to appreciate it standard for now and then see what's what as time goes on! 

Got some bits on their way for the audio so I can bung my DAB headunit in there, see how well the aerial adaptors work instead of a glass mounted aerial! Also got some Focal 13cm speakers coming too, figured I'd treat myself to something a bit better than OEM! 

• Like 1

I was like that at first but then I realised mine needed a lot of work so decided to mod it haha, yours is in great condition and incredibly low mileage though, so I'd keep everything subtle/OEM+ but that's just me

Yeah I actually don't think I'll do anything to it right now other than the audio bits, it doesn't need anything so I'm not about to upset it! :)

What tyres are on it currently and what size? I know they come with 205/45/17 Potenzas that are a bit rubbish, I've got 205/45/17 rainsport3s on the front, going to get some for the rear but maybe 215/40/17 and swap front to back, be interested to see what you're running? Also have you found the ashtray yet haha, took me a while till Roj pointed it out to me, but you've been around this gen before!

Yeah I knew about the ashtray already! Loads of odd bits of space! 

Mines got 205/45/17 - Toyo Proxies T1-R all round, fronts have loads of tread, were new in March apparently! Rears are about a year old and still have 6mm on! Bit noisey but grips well! 

I like T1-Rs but apparently they melt on track and aren't that good in the wet, when I got mine it had Mohawk M112 budgets on the front which would spin up the first 3 gears in the wet, so got rainsport3s but I still have budget rears.. makes it quite fun with erm.. the JDM RARB. So yeah I basically need rainsport3 rears ASAP haha! 

The type R centre console thing with two cupholders is the deepest storage space I've ever seen in a car cubbyhole wise. Top tip don't put a california scents in the rear cupholder. It's nearly impossible to get it out due to how perfectly it fits.

Can't see these melting just pottering to work so I think I'll be okay there. Seem to grip well enough in the wet, I'm not really provoking it at the minute. Certainly better than some tyres I've used in the past anyway! 

Sounds like you've got a good recipe for over-steer whether you want it or not :lol:

I like T1-Rs but apparently they melt on track and aren't that good in the wet, when I got mine it had Mohawk M112 budgets on the front which would spin up the first 3 gears in the wet, so got rainsport3s but I still have budget rears.. makes it quite fun with erm.. the JDM RARB. So yeah I basically need rainsport3 rears ASAP haha

When I first got rainsport 2s i just got them on the front, with toyos on the rear... Got rainsports on the back after a couple of weeks because of the difference in grip on the wet! :shock:

• Like 1

When I first got rainsport 2s i just got them on the front, with toyos on the rear... Got rainsports on the back after a couple of weeks because of the difference in grip on the wet! :shock:

Rainsports are probably the best tyres I've ever used, the grip is absolutely astounding and the turn-in and feel was much improved over the budgets, I've had potenzas, P zero neros, sport contact contis in the past and rate the rainsport3 higher tbh

• Like 1

Nice one at least you still with honda and not gone off to some French thing :lol:

Nice one at least you still with honda and not gone off to some French thing :lol:

I couldn't do that! :lol:

Chucked my headunit into her at the weekend, much happier now! 

Woohoo tunes

Made a massive improvement on the sound at the speakers, but being as I bought new fronts I will fit them at some point! :lol: 

Made a massive improvement on the sound at the speakers, but being as I bought new fronts I will fit them at some point! :lol:

See the standard speakers aren't that bad once they are amped from a headunit.

• Like 1

Think that applies to most speakers TBF .. The MB's are pretty naff all together, but better with the head unit I have in ..

Nice typeR it looks really nice and good miles too

Ah ha great choice sir, with all the hours i worked last week (80 in both jobs lol) i missed this...

She is a beauty and im very jealous indeed ha ha.

• Like 1

Yes you are Tom!

Really enjoyed my little road trip down to Dorest this weekend, the car was brilliant! Love it!

Ok, I seriously need to be on here more often! 

Ooo a EP3! I am actually quite surprised you got yourself one of these! Nice one @Krzys :)

Cheers dude! :)

Lovely car dude.  It seems really hard to find a clean EP3 these days.

This is my favourite colour in them too.  I've always wanted a Premier edition in Cosmic Grey.

Rainsports are probably the best tyres I've ever used, the grip is absolutely astounding and the turn-in and feel was much improved over the budgets, I've had potenzas, P zero neros, sport contact contis in the past and rate the rainsport3 higher tbh

I've Rainsport 3s on my MB6 and cannot lose grip in it.  Love them, although I wish the sidewall was a bit stiffer.

Lovely car dude.  It seems really hard to find a clean EP3 these days.

This is my favourite colour in them too.  I've always wanted a Premier edition in Cosmic Grey.

A Premier edition would have been nice but for what you get extra it wasn't essential! Not when this one is as good as it is!