skitzma8

My EK Sedan/Ferio turbo project

I washed her today while the sun was out for a bit and she does come up quite well! I'm also painting a spoiler off an MB so that will be on soon I'm also buying a lip kit and all the service parts as she could do with it.

Today I washed my car again and gave her a much needed T-cut and the phantom grey paint is gleaming now! I also put on my MB spoiler that I sprayed Matt black she looks a lot better now, I managed to get hold of the missing front bumper strips so put them streight on. Still thinking what colour to do the alloys.

I recon the alloys would look awesome in titianium grey

• Like 1

I like the spoiler on there, looks less "naked" at the back now! 

• Like 1

I recon the alloys would look awesome in titianium grey

good colour choice mate! That sounds better than doing them black as I think black will be too much!

I have given her a service today including rotor atm and a new distributor cap, I removed the old one to find that it was made in 1996 so it's the original one! Done well to last 18 years! I also changed the spark plugs, put in a new fuel filter as I doubt this was ever changed, I then changed the oil and put on a new oil filter. I've also given the inlet manifold a good clean with carb cleaner.

• Like 3

Well it looks like my clutch is on its last legs! So the civic is going to be keeping me busy.. While I'm at it I'm going to change the gearbox for one with shorter ratios, anyone know what one to go for? Cars currantly running a S40 gearbox and will hit 100 in 3rd gear! So need something more sporty!

Brought my new clutch so I'll be changing that soon, just looking for a gearbox I found an aero deck in the scrapyard with a D16w3 engine, I just need to know if it's a short ratio gearbox? If so I'll buy it. I also brought some seats today that were removed from a EJ9, anyone know what Honda they were originally from? I carnt wait to fit them!

D16W3

FD 4.437

It has the shortest final drive but with long gears. If you can't find or build a hybrid transmission or find a D13B2 facelift gearbox I would take it. It will still be a lot better than the EK3 stock gearbox.

• Like 1

Did they bolt straight in? Look good! 

Did they bolt straight in? Look good!

well the front of the rails fitted like it was made for my car but the rear of the rails needed adjusting but I got it sorted
  • Like 1

Looks like my Ek is going to be keeping my local body shop busy soon as she needs X2 rear wheel arches as they are getting more rusty.. Thanks to the previous owner thinking it would be ok to put filler over rust hoping it would go away lol! So thanks to his rubbish body work skills hes made it a lot worse! But not to worry as I've found a website that sells new wheel arches so I'm going to order them and get them professionally put in. The rear of each sill needs a little welding work too but I'll get the body shop to fabricate some metal for this. Going to be a costly job but the cars worth it to me!

On a better note I've got a gearbox from a civic EJ9 so that should help my acceleration along with the new clutch I'm fitting