Smaller front anti roll bar

EmZvr

Like I said, i'll be interested to see how this pans out .. I know from my EK track days, I ran without a RR ARB, track set up with stiff spring rates, plenty of preload and rebound wound right up and it handled amazingly well ..

I certainly hadn't realized the difference in the ARB's rigidity though .. That's some interesting workings out ..

Jayhoath83, your experience is strange. You should have felt the opposite effect :D I know my car felt horrible without rear arb even with the mg zs shocks and springs.

Exactly what I thought mate lol ..

As far as I am aware, no, the DC2 ARB wont go straight on ..

Well it defo did increase lift off oversteer taking the rear arb off for me lol trust me it comes round on me quite often n aparently its a 25 mm http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=45547#/forumsite/20835/topics/45547?page=1

Ps emil are u the same EmZvr as this as im on the mg rover fourm too:)

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=498411#/forumsite/20925/topics/498411

Yes, that's me. In fact I was in every MG forum asking questions :D But don't mind my posts there, they are old and stupid.

Rimmerbros doesn't sell front arb bushes bigger than 24mm for MG ZS. So I don't know how this guy would find bushes for his arb. Even google can't find any front arb bushes for mg zs in 25mm.

But anyway that really is not so important. I just wanted to see If anyone tried different size for the front. It seems I'll be the first one. We can't just throw in the stiffest springs and stiffest arbs and call it a day. Fine-tuning is needed. When I change mine I'll report back. 

I would say on the standard MB6 I noticed the difference between the OEM and MG rear ARB in terms of how the front end behaves. I might one day go for the JDM rear ARB for the Type R as its thicker than the UK one, should work on the same principle.

I have a standard suspension EP3 type R with a JDM rear anti roll-bar and the difference is night and day, it's only a 3mm difference over stock but it makes such a difference on turn-in and mid corner, and does make the back end even more lively.

I'd say a thinner front mated with a thicker rear anti roll bar will be beneficial to the MB6 as it's set up for understeer from the factory

Krzys, ITR rear arb will be a great mod but I don't think it will fit without modifications or will it ?

No idea, doubt it but I wouldn't need to worry as the EP3 JDM model is what I meant rather than the M ;)

Damper quality plays a significant factor to the handling characteristics and possabilities

ie

the softer the better and the biggest ARB possible,

you have to make best of what your pocket allows.

d2s on mine !! :x

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

really gd read guys, im going for handling setup for mb3, the thoery sounds right to me, what about fitting poly bush anti roll bar mounts( i assume u can get them) ? would this affect the twist of the bar and cause the same affect of fitting a mb6 26mm bar ?

Adding to the info above. My mb6 facelift arb is 26mm front.

although my mc2 preface has 24mm front.

I'm currently using 22mm front and 15mm rear and that is pretty balanced on eg.