Hondans' Slightly more civilised B18 MB3

hondan

Thanks all for the welcome and kind words. I hope to keep this all updated the best I can.

The exhaust does need binning yeah, it's on the list to have it booked in for a stainless down pipe back system. There is no cat in it at the mo and I don't plan too add one.

I may add a silencer though........may.........a small one....... Possibly

Cracking write up mate, and good job turning the car around! Looks sweet on the white fans, cant go wrong with red car/white wheels, one of my fav combos! The bumper is either from a VTi (minus the front lip) or an ES. Those were the only two that came standard with fogs and headlight washers (well, the headlight washers anyways, fogs were standard for VTi but option for ES ;-)  )

Keep up the good work!

Cracking write up mate, and good job turning the car around! Looks sweet on the white fans, cant go wrong with red car/white wheels, one of my fav combos! The bumper is either from a VTi (minus the front lip) or an ES. Those were the only two that came standard with fogs and headlight washers (well, the headlight washers anyways, fogs were standard for VTi but option for ES ;-) )

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Dave, appreciated.

I'll have to dig out the original messages from the seller, I'm sure he mentions what the bumper is there

So thought I'd do a little update from today's antics. For once, the civic didn't need any immediate attention for once, so if you're after civic updates turn over now haha. However the day was still car related.....

As I mentioned in my first post, my first son is due within a weekish so things are a little tense. Me and the wife attempted a day out to a local nice town for some lunch etc, however on route the Mrs was complaining of increasing braxton hicks and back ache, so I turned around and bombed home expecting the start of labour...... False alarm.

She ended up kicking me out the house so she could nap, so I went to visit my mates Ian and Steve in the civic.

29DD5FBA-205C-406A-B835-2770F59BD55E_zps

59EFD138-8D74-49A6-9DF9-5FB0C2242BCA_zps

Ian dailies a tweaked AW11 1989 Toyota mr2 and its so so cool. He has over heating issues last week and after changing the rad etc it turned out to be head gasket :( worse still, after stripping the block it turns out where the gasket had failed, the block had corroded! Thankfully Ian had been building up a seperate engine on a stand for a turbo build so could swap it in. So rad change ended up with total engine swap.

DEE5EFE0-0283-4494-BBF3-2E5434D716A0_zps

6452CD32-61BB-4207-8560-F13DC5FCC119_zps

I helped out with the rebuild for the day until the wife called me home. She decided she wanted to go mooch around the huge tesco near us this evening and as she refuses to go in the civic we took my Mazda daily. When we returned and I parked up I heard a huge hissing noise, FLAT!

I whipped the space saver on and checked the tyre over......

EB926AC6-AAC2-40A4-A4F0-09A84D50C7DF_zps

C782B82B-1944-4FB6-9AAA-58B6D67DDAD8_zps

Frightening! Especially as we had just been on the dual track for 15 miles total!

Sorry for the boring update, hope you all had a good Saturday??