Jimbobs VTiS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest jimbob738

Hello Everyone

Jeezus nearly a year since my last post not good, I haven't had daily use of my VTI-S for about that long now as I got a company, but im happily getting rid of it back to my company as its far too much hassle and I want my own car again.

my missus has been driving it for a year and well its not done it much good me thinks, I have now bought her a 4.0 straight 6 Cherokee Jeep running on LPG so that's her sorted now to sort the civic out.

I have had a running post in the engine issues section basically to cut a long story short I did a compression test to determine after lots of pi55ing around why I was suffering from random jerks and stutters and stinking fuel smells?

Turns out cylinder one had no compression so either worn bores or piston rings shot to sh1t so I had a mardy for a few days and drank a few buds and thought hmmm what next.

a few years ago I had an aerodeck which I broke for spares I kept the gearbox and engine as spares in my brothers garage, so I decided to fetch it tonight and get it stripped down ready to get a re-bore to accommodate oversized p73 pistons high comp ones if I can afford them and new rings and bearings. 

might take me a while but I will get there here is what's happened so far below:

DSC02388_zps964c9453.jpgDSC02386_zps9050299a.jpgDSC02387_zps3217a602.jpgDSC02388_zps964c9453.jpg

• Like 1

Guest jimbob738

So as you can see its all stripped down, I am going to try and add progress albeit might be slow but at least if anyone wants/needs to do this to there c4 then you will have some guidance.

Interested in watching how the engine build goes. I'm going to have a go at rebuilding my smokey engine eventually. I know it was a while ago but when you done the RTA bushes, what ones did you order? Do they do mb specific ones? And where did you buy them?

Good luck with the build

Not great on the stuttering issues mate. When you say no compression, what was it down to?

Rebuild sounds good :)

I think it was 170 when the rest were over 200 or something like that, does say in the thread but haven't got it to hand.