Jimbobs VTiS

Guest jimbob738

Could be a plan for next month or something? :idea:

Krzys I have a Timing Strobe if you want some help, but to behonest you don't really need one on a Honda Dizzy there isn't much advance on them but you can get it spot on with a light.

as I said before the intake and throttle body get real dirty and all the sensors surrounding it so I would remove the TB clean it with Carb cleaner, whip all sensors off clean them and see how it runs, once your happy with timing, also have you changed the Plugs, HT Leads, Rotor Arm, Cap and checked the ignition coil is ok?

not trying to confuse you just making suggestions.

my juddering has stopped since I removed the OEM intake and thoroughly cleaned the IVAC valve and all the others, I also change all the O rings around them including the FPR one and all injector seals just a thought? 

Yep it's had an entire new distributor as the OEM one had let water in and the electrics failed, too much damage to even swap the coil etc for new), magnecor leads and fresh plugs :)

Guest jimbob738

That's cool then so not gonna be that, mine did the same just bought a new one, I would put money on a sensor being ditched and the TB being clogged and sticking you cant see it from the front but you take it off and its black, the gasket should be ok to reuse worth taking off just to inspect?

• Like 1

Guest jimbob738

I bought a cheap TPS off ebay last week £6.50 from china I will let you know how I get on with it, for that price I will change it every couple of years and people in this country charging 60+ and they all made in China anyway?

Guest jimbob738

OK taken me all week but here it is fitted, I have the car running on a tweaked ITR map p30 base so no IAB's, VTEC kicks in at 4500 rpm there about's and rev limit somewhere between 8500-9000 no that I plan on spending much time up there until I fit the dual ITR springs and retainers I have and the DC2 cams.

anyway that's another story:

IMAG01231_zpsb53b5b1c.jpg

Guest jimbob738

I am fitting the Meister R's tomorrow morning and the LCA's I purchased sadly I know the are skunk copies which im not too chuffed about but I cant afford to buy the legit ones just yet im kinda broke now after I bought so many goodies, Also fitting the MGZS 180 ARB, I am using my mums driveway and have shelter away from the rain so shouldn't be too horrible fingers crossed.

i am going to be purchasing a Blue hose kit next week and some matching vac piping tidy the egine bay up nicely and get some blue wrinkle VHT paint for the rocker cover to be sprayed up.

did a deal with my step dad last week gave him a new diagnostics laptop for work , in exchange for his help fitting my DC2 steering rack and new Clutch kit over the next few weeks so not having to do it outside my house on the street and i get some pro help which should speed things up, he is very thorough and works bloody quick with him being a mechanic for over 40 years and he works on a bonus scheme.  

Guest jimbob738

And i stand by what i said i hate copies, i bought the LCA's thinking they were genuine, i have mulled it over and will use them until i can afford legit ones and keep a keen eye on them before anyone comments..........