Jimbobs VTiS

Then came time to fit the sump, oil pump and crank seal and get the fresh head bolted on things started to come together around March time.

IMAG0474.jpg

Obviously I skipped a bit actually was so busy cracking on desperate to get my Honda back I didn't photo building the head back up fitting the Cams and belts back on just powered on I could hear the VTEC sound in my dreams BWAAAAAAHHHHH after a year owning an Octavia VRS I was getting mad withdrawals......

IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0473.jpg

So after I got all back together I sprayed my VHT red Rocker cover and was super buzzing to get the car running again after over a year, but I was short on money and needed the Vtec solenoid gaskets and a few other niggley bits like rad switch and oil pressure sender so it sat for a few weeks while I saved up some pennies which bummed me out a bit TBF around early april oh yeah fitted flywheel and new clutch as well genuine honda kit of course.IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

Then it was time to refit and get the sucker running again which I can assure you was a b1tch on my own but I had a wheel barrow on hand and a cracking missus who helped me get it out my shed........1457704106931.jpg

this was end of April time and things were going ahead nicely the car had been sat engine less for about 6 months so all brakes were seized solid.

IMAG0403.jpg

looked a mess right?

So I got the dolly board on the Jack and started to position it back in the bay after removing the gearbox and shafts it was fun NOT!

IMAG0627.jpg

IMAG0625.jpg

Then was time to fit the gearbox back onto the block again with one pair of hands it took me ages and was a long process and extremely frustrating.......

IMAG0630.jpg

with the Shafts back in place gearbox in and together and that pain in the ar5e rear mount bolted I started to get the fresh MTF in the box, while I was retightening the gearbox bung on the side of it I sheered the casing and split it first and only error I made so I had to cold weld the f3cker back in place and make sure it didn't leak honestly I was mortified.....

IMAG0629.jpg

Engine when all was done ready for the MOT

1458300247414.jpg

Once engine was all sorted and back in which took about 3 days I stripped all the brakes down and freshened them up took all the rust off and cleaned the calipers up and soaked them all in pen oil so the could start working properly for the MOT

IMAG0638.jpgIMAG0635.jpgIMAG0636.jpgIMAG0773.jpg

you get the jist I sorted the brakes not mega exciting but you can see how bad the were after a year or so......

anyway one thing was holding me back from the MOT a knackered IAT that was throwing codes so I had to wait a week or so to buy one from HTUNE as they were on back order then it came fitted it and booked the MOT with baited breath hoping it would pass first time.........

IMAG0753.jpg

and then MOT day came was confident of a pass..........;)

IMAG0683.jpgIMAG0684.jpg

And it passed with flying colours not one advisory so all my hard work paid off and its still running sweet today had no issues what so ever I have had my laptop hooked up to freelog with the hulog and all is working perfectly on the map I'm using so I'm happy once again the car now IMAG0751.jpgIMAG0752.jpg

Cheers got there eventually now to sell the VAG!

IMAG0666.jpg

been up for sale on Gumtree, Ebay, Preloved, Briskoda.net FB its not shifting nothing wrong with it just doesn't have hardly any appeal it seems.

Just got to sort interior out now as I'm not happy with the sagging head lining and seats I WANT LEATHER ONES NOWWWWWWW!

and my parcel shelfs decided to go all floppy Sad face!