Jimbobs VTiS

Thanks guys I've been starting up my IT company still ongoing but gonna sort the civic to ease my mind.

When the head went Andrew I was running standard ECU wasn't sure on the map I had so removed it, I'm in no mad rush to get it on the road as the Skoda is doing its job as a daily so I'll do it correctly this time round the Skoda 211 bhp and 330nm torque but as I said to krzys no induction noise just whistle bit boring really I miss my old red aerodeck so bad.........

I have got my hands full but I'm not breaking another vtis they getting scarce and they are a well made car so wanna keep it, missus keeps bugging me to get a vw transporter to convert into a camper but I want to sort the civic first.

• 11 months later...

Its been a while since I came on here but thought its time seeing as my VTI-S is back in action, engine fully refurbished and running sweat as a nut pics from the rebuild will follow glad to see the forums still going strong.

• Like 1

so last time I posted I think id just got the cylinder head back from port polish and decoke and skim I had B18c6 Valves cut in and dual vavle springs installed paid sod all for them so thought may as well proved very worth the effort.

Shortly after around January/Feb time I started strpping and rebuilding the block replaced piston rings and deglazed the cylinders and decoked the pistons themselves, replaced all seals and built it back up again with fresh gaskets:

IMAG0415.jpg

IMG-20151022-WA0010.jpgIMAG0425.jpgIMAG0399.jpgIMAG0409.jpgIMAG0408.jpg

You get the idea of this stage I imagine freshened it all with some Silver VHT after steam cleaned the block all went well.......more to follow