My mercedes 190 2.3 cosworth Restore

DanialA11

Seen as I'm planning on staying on this forum for a while with my mb thought if start a thread about my restoration of my 190e 2.3 cosworth manual dogleg ;)

Dad purchased car in 2005 then parked in storage in 2006 due to not having a drive way ane someone keying it down the driver side.

Then late last year took it back out, gave it a full service brake change and so on.

Car is not standard is lowered all round, has a SL front nose job ( was done prior to purchase however after restored will keep this bonnet but have original on car) ,oz opera alloy wheels

Currently in the body shop getting a full respray with new rear inner arches, rear quatres, new front wings, rest of the car is unbeliably solid

Have many pictures on my photo bucket but ill put the main few up

This is when we got the car out of storage :

photo21_zpsee7e56ed.jpg

Serviced and detailed

20150210_115435_zpsflmr8hfp.jpg

changed the alloys

20150302_115544_zpsf2yyogkb.jpg

My e30 I sold prior to taking cosworth out of storage due to space, was only a 1.6 but had a engine conversion waiting, sadly couldn't keep it :( do miss it was a real head Turner

e302_zps4572352f.jpg

At a motorheads car meet in birmingham in a secure closed car park after houres

FB_IMG_1429478201259_zpsrt29dtdn.jpg

Droped off for restoration, they have carried out work on my friends classic mercedes and e30 bmws and I'm happy with the quality:

20150529_172114_zpsymxrpny2.jpg

This is my 2.5 automatic I sold about 2 years ago lovely drive however the 2.3 is much more livelyer car

IMG_0070_zps7e70304c.jpg

Stripped down rear quatres test fitted

20150616_102243_zpsbbbtcvvg.jpg

Rust free front inner arches

20150616_102306_zpsvpiqohos.jpg

Driver side rear inner arch rust removed and plated up

20150704_124228_zpsw5ic7mqx.jpg

Rear quatre fitted and smoothed

20150711_143427_zps22rrhwpz.jpg

Some sort of laqar or something I don't know

20150715_120118_zpshj6uyd13.jpg

20150715_120126_zps6akx4trt.jpg

That Is all so however ever car should be complete by this weekend, once it's out will get the wheels refurbished, new exhaust downpipe as it already has a cat back exhaust

Hope you like it

I'm all for originality but I'm the kind of guy that likes making a car my own, won't be hard to put back to standard if I ever decide to sell up but not planning onit

Yes I agree, the ones that where on the car we got when we bought it, then it was either these or genuine mercedes amg monoblocks, but there to common and these are wider ;)

Agree second set of wheels look so much better! Very rare car the Cosworth mercs now, can remember when these were new!! What interior does yours have, is it the original burbery styleee cloth? Wheelere dealers once did a resto on one, was a great watch. Nice to see the rust being repaired properly mate, it's the only way to do it. The grey over the repair is the primer paint , ready for the colour then lacquer after that. Gonna watch this one!

Also agree about originality but making it your own, you have to put your own stamp on a car. Its what its all about!

Big fan of the 3 series tourers aswell mate, she looked a mint one!