26 minutes ago, JK1245 said:

Ahh the same noise mine had when letting off lol. It definitely needs a map mate, I was pretty upset when I fit mine cos is sounded quieter and felt like it pulled a lot less than the stock mani with the htune custom basemap. The blox/skunk/dc2 style intake manis move your powerband higher up the rev range and you lose a chunk of torque because of it, but when you get it fully rolling road mapped they get most of the torque back so you essentially have the best of both worlds. Also mate when looking at the DC2 throttle bodies watch out because there are two types and one doesn't come with the top connector for the charcoal cannister connection, some say you can just block off the pipe but my idle was fooked because of it. 

Cheers for info mate think I'll get it live mapped then,  do you know what dc2 throttle body I would need mate 

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

I completely removed charcoal canister. Won't affect idle if there's no vac leaks. 

Agreed map is the way forward.

I had really good setup with cams aswell. 

Cheers bud now I don't know if I should just hold out and get dc2 cams and then get it mapped or just get it mapped and leave it at that. Will cams make it alot better?  

Mine was around 195bhp with cams. Made a great difference compared to standard. 

Realistically on an accurate dyno. 185 is gonna  be absolute max with standard cams and that will be on the limit.

Someone will surely argue about that saying there cars 220bhp with standard cams. But whatever.

If you put cams and dual valve springs on the exhaust side. Raise rev limit upto 9k safely. Happy days.

• Like 2

Gotta love when people 'run' 200+hp n/a on stock cams, like why did Honda not just put a C4 with an exhaust in the teg instead? 

Dogg depending on where you get it mapped they have a kind of deal where you'll pay, say £300, upfront and then every time you want the map tweaking you pay just for pure dyno time, which in Manchester is usually £90/h so it could just be worth getting it mapped as is now and then getting the cams/springs/retainers and then going back for round 2. To fit a DC2 throttle body mate all you'll need is an EK4 throttle cable and bracket, looking at about £35 all in from Japserviceparts. I'll try get a picture up later so you can see how it'll go 

54 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

I have a dc2 cable and bracket. I can sell you. I have an ek4 cable to fit on mine. But the bracket must be different. Cus doesn't fit my dc2 bracket. Hmmm. Gonna have to make one.

I took the little spring part of a mb in scarpys think it's off a 1.6 and it runs the cable the opposite way and I took the cable too not sure if it'll fit but I'll try it this weekend and let you know man Cheers