S1 JDM Nissan Stagea

VTISmichael

• 2 weeks later...

Took the turbo off yesterday, being collected monday for a rebuild at turbo dynamics. Took the manifold and there alot of cracks, my welder mate is gunna weld it up best he can and it will be alright for a while, might get stock one as they dont crack. Ordered some uprated mani studs £60, the flange bolt holes need re-tapping or drilling out. 

20160521_140011.jpg

The turbo got picked up monday, they were supposed to phone me but after 2 days i rang them, some other guy who had been ill was now dealing with it, said the housing has a crack in it, the actuator wasnt doing anything (boost could spike to silly psi ramdomly) and at some point foriegn matter went thru the blades. So its f**ked, gd as a door stop now lol

When i phoned them i tried to sort another turbo out but somehow he was suggesting a turbo for a rb26, all rb26's are twin turbo, have a different flange and only rated for 320hp each max. I rang di racing and he thought it was well funny and stupid offering that turbo, hopefully he can sort me out today with the right new one!

Manifold has been rewelded and will go on today, put new studs and oil cooler line fitting on last thursday so coming along!

20160525_171132.jpg