Me, college and civic5

Dave

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, Dave said:

Lol thanks chaps! And Alex it's less than 2 years since I've been to a meet ta very much lol :lol: Still too long though! Still, Mt presence isn't really required at meets now, as the meets are more for you guys to all get to know each other etc and have a laugh. Will be nice to get to a few meets but such is life things keep happening that keep me busy. Got something else happening right now that's going to have to take priority over everything just now, will be letting the team know but otherwise it has to stay private for now :nonono:

why isn't it required though? meets are mainly about the social aspect of things. showing off what you got.  asking questions and having a good time in general.

most of the meets now don't even have a civic M.

ye last time I saw you was at japfest 2 a few years back, maybe 2 years. you can't keep that deck locked up forever. other people would like to see it in the flesh aswel. ie at meets or shows :D 

• Like 1

basically you've got a nice car you don't want to show off and talk about with other people. sorry not other people but general ENTHUISIASTS who like talking about cars and their hobby and their passion.

i might be a little harsh but it just sounds like you can't be assed with it anymore to be honest Dave.

@Chandler I get what you're saying mate, but the last while I've had too much going on away from civic5 to have the time to go to meets and shows. College and exams has taken up a lot of my free time, plus I work every weekend and as I'm just part time, don't have a lot of hols to use. Then there's been other personal stuff such as Jims illness the past two years which although didn't affect the meets at first, they did have an effect the last year or so. I've been trying to split my time between so many things that have to take priority over the social side of civic5 mate. I'm still struggling for time even now, as we're trying to get Gayles move in here finalized (she's in, but we're upside down trying to fit in all the stuff as the house was already crammed full of my junk! lol So been driving rental vans moving stuff around etc. We still have her house to decorate top to bottom now before we can sell it so again, time isn't on my side just now.

The major downside for me at the moment though is what has happened to Jim. With him passing away and me losing my best friend, my head really isn't in a good place at the moment.

Once things are all settled (move finished, house sold, college stuff finalized) then I'll be at a hella lot more civic 5 social events includng the shows. Don't worry, you'll soon be moaning you're seeing too much of me! lmao I'll deffo get back into things on here mate, and DD will be doing the rounds up and down the country :wink:

Apologies for not being around like I should, things will change soon :smile:

• Like 2