Exterior styling (wiper blades)

MBFinlay

A bit odd topic perhaps but bear with me :) Does it matter to you guys what kind of wiper blades you use? I think that especially in older cars (pre 2000's mainly) it can make some difference like having nice set of wheels. Small detail of the car but still. Now i've been looking for Sumex Stainless steel wiper blades (chrome). Seen lots of those in british web stores (Ebay, Amazon). Since lots of those are sold by UK stores i wonder if they fit left hand drive vehicles? Since the wiper blades goes reversely.

Anyway i used to have Ashuki spoiler wiper blades in my old -88 CRX and they looked pretty nice. Blended in nicely. Not too showy but okay addition in terms of style and practicality. I loved the design. Simple and good looking like the old Hondas from late 80's. Decided to bring this issue up just because im curious if anyone in general pays any attention to such details. Or is too ricy ;) 

Sumex: s-l1600.jpg

Ashuki:wa020s.jpg

On 3.8.2016 at 1:49 AM, fyfie5 said:

i always use bosch wiper blades, really not a fan of those new style aero ones unless its on a newer car

I have to agree here. I haven't been a big fan of those new aero style ones. They seem to be very popular these days, you see them on every car basically where i live. It's become mainstream and that reason alone i'd avoid it. It has basically "outdated" the traditional wiper blades. Aero ones are good, no doubt. But like you said, i would use them on modern cars. Also the aero blades look pretty much all the same regardless of manufacturer. Bosch ones probably stand out the most in a good way.

• Like 1

On 29.7.2016 at 10:26 PM, MBFinlay said:

Now i've been looking for Sumex Stainless steel wiper blades (chrome). Seen lots of those in british web stores (Ebay, Amazon). Since lots of those are sold by UK stores i wonder if they fit left hand drive vehicles? Since the wiper blades goes reversely.

I would think so. I've bought Aeros for my lhd Aero from an Uk web store and they fitted just fine.

If you're keeping the rest of the chrome on your hatch then the chrome wipers could work. Never seen anyone add chrome to a m, usually it's the other way, so interested to see the results if you decide to go down this route.