Jump to content
Dave

Daves Mazda MX5 Mk1 (aka Mindy)

Recommended Posts

Oh, and Mindy now back in her wee crib! DD in the huff outside.....................she's no used to sleeping in the snow shrug.gif1

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dave said:

DD's ghetto wheels have caused a saga

Uh oh... :???:

 

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

preparing for the move to the new house

Where did you end up going for? was it the one Jedburgh way? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dr_broon said:

Uh oh... :???:

 

Where did you end up going for? was it the one Jedburgh way? 

It's not too far down mate, in a wee village called Stow. It's 7 miles outside Galasheils, and it was top of our list of places to live in the borders. We never dreamed we'd be able to get a house there as the prices (when they do come up for sale, which aint often) is way above what we could afford. But this wee cottage came up, semi detached, 3 bedrooms, massive (as in bloody Huge!) living room and tons of land! On one side there is the old ruins of a church which is illuminated at night and looks stunning (and the neighbours are dead quiet!) and on the other side, another big church, then acorss the road it's the river and a view out over the hills. It's bloody amazing! We only got it cheap though as it needs renovated (so electrics, windows, possibly heating) and the interior is like stepping into the 70's! A lot of work but we are really looking forward to getting stuck in. Oh, and there's a massive long driveway, a single brick garage with a car port to the side and Gayle has told me I've to get another double garage same as the one here built!

We spend a fair bit of time going down for lunch at the weekend in the village, people there are so nice.

 

Gayle has also said that as the drive is so long (you basically turn into our drive off a small lane and it is like a road through the garden right along the rear garden) we could start a civic5 meet there! has even suggested if memebers wanted to they could bring tents and camp  in the garden!! Oh the possibilities!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Dave said:

It's not too far down mate, in a wee village called Stow. It's 7 miles outside Galasheils, and it was top of our list of places to live in the borders. We never dreamed we'd be able to get a house there as the prices (when they do come up for sale, which aint often) is way above what we could afford. But this wee cottage came up, semi detached, 3 bedrooms, massive (as in bloody Huge!) living room and tons of land! On one side there is the old ruins of a church which is illuminated at night and looks stunning (and the neighbours are dead quiet!) and on the other side, another big church, then acorss the road it's the river and a view out over the hills. It's bloody amazing! We only got it cheap though as it needs renovated (so electrics, windows, possibly heating) and the interior is like stepping into the 70's! A lot of work but we are really looking forward to getting stuck in. Oh, and there's a massive long driveway, a single brick garage with a car port to the side and Gayle has told me I've to get another double garage same as the one here built!

We spend a fair bit of time going down for lunch at the weekend in the village, people there are so nice.

 

Gayle has also said that as the drive is so long (you basically turn into our drive off a small lane and it is like a road through the garden right along the rear garden) we could start a civic5 meet there! has even suggested if memebers wanted to they could bring tents and camp  in the garden!! Oh the possibilities!

 

Sounds amazing mate! Sounds like everything you ever need. Long drive, car port, garage etc! I laughed at camping part as would be wild! 

 

Car looking sweet too mate :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, burbleboy said:

 

Sounds amazing mate! Sounds like everything you ever need. Long drive, car port, garage etc! I laughed at camping part as would be wild! 

 

Car looking sweet too mate :)

Thanks Ali mate. Yeah wee Mindy-moo is coming along nicely, although slowly. Meant to take a pic of her latest addition that I fitted at the weekend. She now has the chrome air vent trims so think that pretty much finishes off the interior, although we quite fancy the chrome style bars too or possibly a small roll bar in silver.

 

Gayle was serious about the camping bit mate! Thing it would be a right laugh eh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dr_broon said:

Aye, that sounds spot on applause.gif1

Haha! You up for it too Simon? Was gonna give Simon and Gav a call too along with Sarah and Dave. Plus anyone else that's would be up for it you're more than welcome guys! Will need to get moved in first though and get the bulk of the work done but might be able to do it later this year? Would be the first civic5 meet where we can all have a right laugh/drink etc, and the village has an amazing wee cafe that does evening meals on a Friday. Plus there's the train to Galashiels just 5 min walk from the house if we all wanted to go for a wee night out in town?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dave said:

Thanks Ali mate. Yeah wee Mindy-moo is coming along nicely, although slowly. Meant to take a pic of her latest addition that I fitted at the weekend. She now has the chrome air vent trims so think that pretty much finishes off the interior, although we quite fancy the chrome style bars too or possibly a small roll bar in silver.

 

Gayle was serious about the camping bit mate! Thing it would be a right laugh eh!

 

Chrome bars would be smart IMO! 

 

Gayles idea was a belter! Bbq n camping and cheap hookers flown in via Dr Broon...bliss ;)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty space for camping mate, garden is huge!! BBQ sounds a great idea too! The roads down there are amazing too, all right on our door step! Think we might just need to make this happen!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dave said:

Plenty space for camping mate, garden is huge!! BBQ sounds a great idea too! The roads down there are amazing too, all right on our door step! Think we might just need to make this happen!!

 

'Build it and they will come' 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×