Vti-s Turbo project

KiNK43

Accidentally made a purchase. Another engine build is gonna happen at some point in the relatively near future. Sleeve or cylinder support with forged internals again. Run a little more power maybe but More Interested in peace of mind and hopefully a slightly quieter running engine.

Had to change a rear caliper as ya do. Bloody rover calipers!!!

Shame can't get the beast out blocked in for the foreseeable unfortunately have to just peer at it though the door for now :) roll on Blyton park!!! 

IMG_20200802_193736.jpg

IMG_20200802_194045.jpg

IMG_20200730_162330.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blyton park done with no problems thankfully. Car behaved great. Ran low boost. Seemed a good power for my skill level. Never pushed the car so hard before tho. And room to go much faster with practice and also some better tyres. Spun out once which was fun, hit a bail sideways on luckily no damage at all.

Would like to change a few things for next time. Could do with sorting shifter out as a bit sloppy. Would like a faster steering rack as quite an ordeal changing direction fast on the stock one. And definately some better tyres.

IMG_20200816_162302.jpg

IMG_20200816_160953.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like that was great fun applause.gif1

Bet you were relieved that the bail didn't do any harm! 

Looks like there was some good three wheel action in that corner before the straight. 8-)

• Like 1

Tbf them lot are nutters. Absolutely fly. 

Biggest problem for me I think is the leather seats. Sliding out my seat upto the window constantly. 

Great fun tho really enjoyed it. 

Got me thinking I might make the car a bit more track focused and stop being so OCD. Can't imagine there ever going to be worth mega money. May aswell just enjoy it.

• Like 2

Need to get some velcro pants! Just make sure you don't wear them inside out. :shock:

17 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

stop being so OCD.

Can't imagine that bud rlol.gif1

To be honest though, you have built a weapon - might as well have some fun with it where it's safe(er) to.

Need to find some of those rubber door panels that the Renault cactus has. 

• Like 1

That looked amazing fun and must have been great to get the car onto the track to see what she's really like. I think one day value wise these (especially the vti/vtis) will start to be worth a lot more than they currently are, mostly due to how rare they are becoming. True they'll never be worth as much as some of the other modern classics but that just means we're less afraid to use them. You could always do mods that are easy to reverse, so you could return to oem spec if you wanted? Things like fitting recaros/typeR seats or bucket seats can be done and you could always just store the original fronts (would also mean the original seats would be kept mint :wink: ).

Was that Rich from Dynodaze diving the EG?  Great seeing even an FN2 cocking a wheel in the corners!

I think I'm defo gonna make it a track car. Shame in a way. But I had an accident in the garage earlier trying to retrieve a rad fan caused an avalanche and put two dents in my bonnet, just kinda made my mind up for me.

Can't have owt nice.

Yeah Rich in the eg. Took me round in it showed me how it's done, the cars insane in the corners. 270hp k20 with 5.1 FD. It certainly moves alright.

• KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic