Jump to content

Vti-s Turbo project


Recommended Posts


jan 2020.


Got a bit of time so thaught I'd start another project thread document my progress with my latest honda.

My last civic ended up quite a machine. But unfortunately I had to make the decision to let it go to buy a house. 

Once got my finances back on track. I really fancied another mb6 as always had a soft spot for them.

A another member offered me a clean car so went on a bit of a road trip down south to pick it up. It has just had an engine rebuild fully documented with every receipt and ran sweet as a nut was very happy with it.

Unfortunately it only made it 100 miles back towards the Midlands and the bottom end developed a knock.

Was pretty p**sed off tbh. But what can I do.






Edited by KiNK43
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Progress is a little slow tbh. Doing a house up and working etc at same time.

But renewed lots of little bits and bobs. Headlight washer, Spoiler, Door seals, side repeaters, stripped and cleaned the whole interior and refinished the headliner in black suede. Refurbed the seats and fitted a momo black magic wheel.

Engine pulled for inspection as well.





Edited by KiNK43
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stripped the engine and it quickly became apparent that red cam cover had been shot blasted and blast media had made it into the engine.

Once I'd got the crank out it was obvious the main crank bearings were scored and a real mess tbh.

It is also possible the bearings were too tight aswell. 0.25 oversized but apparently the mains had not been ground. So who knows. 

Whatever the case. It needs a new crank.

Basically everything is toast.

I managed to get as new crank in good condition and started collecting bits. As much genuine Honda parts as possible. Head gasket. Head studs. All new seals, oil pump etc.  Since the car was destined to have a turbo on it. I figured while it's in bits may aswell build it.

So purchased a set of eagle con rods and CP forged pistons.

The head has bee refreshed. Dual valve springs, new stem seals pressure tested and skimmed.

Block has had the cylinders refreshed and check for the new pistons. And been decked and cleaned.

The engine is now ready for installation but I want to do some work in the engine bay when I get chance.

I have been collecting parts for the turbo setup aswell. Should be a gooden. 

BWR ramhorn manifold.

Tial 44mm wastegate.

JBE 6370 turbo.









Edited by KiNK43
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn bad luck indeed with the engine mate. Overall though she looks like a really tidy VTiS, and knowing your attention to detail, this will be one of the best! Getting myself comfy to watch this build! 8-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gel said:

Sorry to hear about your expensive Woes Jake.


2019 will be worth remembering once you get your VTiS back on the road :car1:

Yes bit of a bummer tbh. Hope I've done a good job of engine. First ever build. Should be Interesting. Assuming it's happy and healthy. Will be a nice car with plenty of grunt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KiNK43 locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...