I just read the thread 'what mb do I have' but I'm still confused cos on my year with the 1.6 is says I have a vtec which I'm pretty sure that I don't ecstatic.gif1

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skipday09 said:

I just read the thread 'what mb do I have' but I'm still confused cos on my year with the 1.6 is says I have a vtec which I'm pretty sure that I don't ecstatic.gif1

Chassis plate in the engine bay will confirm exactly mate.

I have an mb1 :-P and probably the cleanest one lol I'll take pics of engine bay tomorrow just to brag rlol.gif1

• Haha 1

Hang on, is yours an 1.6 SR, as it says LS in your profile bit?  As the MB1 is an SR if its the pre facelft model. Has it deffo got mb1 on the chassis plate?

Ye it's got mb1 on the chassis and it's says ls on the logbook and on the back that's y I'm confused lol... I'll take pic of chassis number tomorrow and put it up on here 

Mind and blank some of it out though before posting the photo! lol Does it say the model on the logbook as SR or LS? If it's LS we'll need to update our model codes page to reflect this, unless she's maybe had the engine replaced at some point? Can you see a vtec solenoid on the engine, and is there vtec written on the cam cover?

Good close up photos of the engine bay from each side of the car and also the front would help identify things too 8-)

I doubt it's had engine change old lady owned it for 20 years before we and drove it once a week to play bowls lol.... I wish it was vtec but know it says 16v on cam cover

That's weird mb1 was always sr as Dave says. With the nice wheels and VTEC shinanigans!!

• Like 1

Ye mines completely standard no alloys no spoiler, everything is electric including heated mirrors, but it's not a vtec just 16v 

• Like 1

Might need to delve into Honda's history a bit more, see what we can dig up lol

8 hours ago, Dave said:

Might need to delve into Honda's history a bit more, see what we can dig up lol

Here some pics I've taken this morning 

20200112_110043~2.jpg

20200112_110007.jpg

20200112_105945.jpg

20200112_105939.jpg

20200112_105933.jpg

20200112_105826.jpg

I can only assume that's been put together at that spec to fill an order or something. It's a weird one for sure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

I can only assume that's been put together at that spec to fill an order or something. It's a weird one for sure. 

Well as it's rare i might sell it then lol

• Haha 1

Yes, bit of a mystery this one. If it was a 1996 model then could put it down to Honda just using up parts they had left to make way for the new MB Civic. Will need to watch out for other 1.6 non vtec pre-facelift Civics in the club, see what is one their chassis plates. It could be a mcuk up at the factory when she was being made, maybe they created the wrong chassis code by mistake?

Either way, a really mint wee civic you've got mate. That engine bay looks really clean and original.

Just now, Dave said:

Yes, bit of a mystery this one. If it was a 1996 model then could put it down to Honda just using up parts they had left to make way for the new MB Civic. Will need to watch out for other 1.6 non vtec pre-facelift Civics in the club, see what is one their chassis plates. It could be a mcuk up at the factory when she was being made, maybe they created the wrong chassis code by mistake?

Either way, a really mint wee civic you've got mate. That engine bay looks really clean and original.

Ye I'm not gonna touch it to much just induction kit and maybe some ht leads

• Like 1

Induction kit will give you a nicer sound, and add some bling to the engine bay but won't give you many ponies (although there will be a slight increase). New HT leads (especially some decent spec ones) will also look sweet. You can go for a stainless manifold too plus cat back or decated stainless exhaust which will again free up some power. The manifold would look cool in there with everything being so mint.

Ye I've been looking at some manifolds but I'm gonna keep that cat but delete the middle box 

• Like 1

Know a lot of members go down the decat route but I've always kept the cat as it saves hassle come mot time.