dohc vtec sticker colour

martinw

Question

My car came with no door stickers and thinking of putting them back on.

Its a pirates black vtis aerodeck and i'm looking for what would have been the original colour of sticker.

Have looked at lots of pics of similar cars and they appear to be silver or grey or maybe even white ?

Looked on the parts-honda.uk list for a '99 aerodeck vti and they have the sticker colour for a orleans blue car - "v-active silver" and for a cascade green pearl car - "v-british grey metallic" but nothing listed for a pirates black car.

Anybody know what the correct colour sticker should be on a pirate black car ?

(doesn't have to be exact colour as if original not available, will probably buy cheapo ebay copies)

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

20 hours ago, martinw said:

My car came with no door stickers and thinking of putting them back on.

Its a pirates black vtis aerodeck and i'm looking for what would have been the original colour of sticker.

Have looked at lots of pics of similar cars and they appear to be silver or grey or maybe even white ?

Looked on the parts-honda.uk list for a '99 aerodeck vti and they have the sticker colour for a orleans blue car - "v-active silver" and for a cascade green pearl car - "v-british grey metallic" but nothing listed for a pirates black car.

Anybody know what the correct colour sticker should be on a pirate black car ?

(doesn't have to be exact colour as if original not available, will probably buy cheapo ebay copies)

Not sure tbh although most PB vti/vtis seem to have a dark metallic silver so would assume that's the v- british grey? Think Ruby had the active silver as it was quite bright and noticeable and she was the Sicilian red mica colour.

I've recently got these ones for my pb deck for when it's been painted. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271016955387

I'm sure that's the ones I got last time years ago. Though knowing my luck recently, when I get round to opening it they'll probably be red and say tdi. baby.gif]1

Thanks for all your replies,

Dave - you could well be right with the "v-british grey metallic" being the right colour and they are available from Honda for about 30 quid (could return them if they don't look right - they seem ok with returns)…...

But Jake - those light grey (non-metallic ?) stickers look fine on yours....

And Simon - which of the colour choices (not red obviously :razz:) did you go for ?

• Like 1

Silver. This is a pic just after I fitted the last ones from the same seller in 2011. 

20111110_002b.jpg

I'll double check that it was silver I got last time when on the computer later

• Like 2