Fuel pump

Guest Michael

Question

Guest Michael

So ive got power to the fuel pump and no fuel. Assumed faulty pump. I have an mb hatchback 5 door 1998. 3 screws to get to fuel pump however theres only a plug into the pump and i cant find any fuel lines. Any ideas?

7 answers to this question

Have you checked the trip relay in the footwell? This is designed to cut off the fuel in the event of a bump/accident. They do sometimes get tripped.

Guest Michael
16 hours ago, Dave said:

Have you checked the trip relay in the footwell? This is designed to cut off the fuel in the event of a bump/accident. They do sometimes get tripped.

Got any photos at all? 

Guest Michael
7 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

The fuel pump can only be accessed from under the car, have to lower the tank.  what your looking at is the fuel gauge sender.

How would i go about replacing it then?

1 hour ago, Guest Michael said:

How would i go about replacing it then?

From what I remember I think you need to drop the tank to get the pump out, no other access to it I'm afraid. I would check the fuel pump relays and also any fuses that are to do with the fuel side of things, and also that cutt off switch in the footwell/bottom of A-pillar (least I think that's where it was, been that long! Was there on my honda civic TypeR)

The inertia switch is behind the centre console plastic driver's side.

But yes you'd be best checking you have power going to the pump before going to do the pump. It's a pain on your own trying to remove the fuel tank.

Oh I can deffo confirm that!  Did it on my wee Blue MA8 Civic! Not a nice job, but did have the help of a mechanic and a ramp. Would almost guarantee the tank strap bolts will be a pig to undo-possibly shear. blush.gif1 Deffo rule out other easier possibles first before attempting that.

• Like 1