My Pirates Black Civic VTi... Quick Machine Polish

WilkesyMB6

A friend of mine had one so watch him do a few cars, then read a bit on the net then thought f**k it why not just buy one! Its something i would like to do more if we had better weather or if i had a large garage.

one of my friends has one so I might as him a few tips as its something id like to know how to do

I know i still haven't taken a pic of my new head-unit. A few reasons, we have been away camping, im forgetful and im getting into car automation with my phone and car.

Basically i want to be able to walk up to my car get in and my phone connects via BT so i can make calls, stream music, have the texts read out to me if i choose, and automatically unlock the phone when connected and opens up my music app, then when disconnected it closes the music app and lock the phone.

I'm doing this with Tasker an Android app, so far i have set it to switch on BT when i leave my house and if its not connected in 3 mins to switch off BT. If connected it unlocks the phone and opens music app. If i had NFC i would put an NFC tag on my phone mount, but i don't so its a bit of trial and error. It needs a bit of tweaking but once that's done I'm going to focus on reading texts aloud if i choose, i may try to have it reply via voice control but im not too bothered about that at the moment.

If you are going to get a smart phone and want more ways of tweeking it, then get an android phone. Also get phone insurance at the same time just in case! I know the phone you are talking about its the Samsung S4 Active!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm sad to say this has now been sold :( Was a sad day seeing it go down the road with a new owner!

:( I'd love to say at least you know it's gone to a good home but it'll probably be up for sale again soon.